Wanted: Mazda Miata

sixstringsteve

I miss my old miata. Time for another one. Requirements:

- 1994-2002
- Any color except red or yellow
- must have torsen rear diff (I'll be able to ID if it does or doesn't)
- must have a clean title
- must have a manual transmission
- $3000 or less (I could pay more if it's set up for autocross)

If you know anyone with one that they'd be willing to part with, let me know.

Last edited:

ricsrx

Hunter is working me pretty hard for an Rx-7, I tried to turn him on to a Miata but he wouldn't take the bait...

sixstringsteve

does he have his permit yet? I need to get back into autocross, and I'd like to eventually learn to drive track.

sixstringsteve

yeah, that seller is flaky and tough to get ahold of. I texted him this morning saying I wanted to look at it and he doesn't act like he wants to sell it.

That's a cool and rare M edition though. Bummer about the repaint.

sixstringsteve

I thought you were never selling that car. I want the 1.8 L with the Torsen LSD anyway, so you should just keep yours.

Badger

I am the Brute squad
Loved my Rx-7 but they only run for so long then they need to be rebuilt. After about 80,000~120,000 of good driving the apex seals wear down and they lose compression. I have seen that they are stuffing chevy motors under the hoods now. I can only imagine what a 5.3 would do to driving a Rx-7

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Loved my Rx-7 but they only run for so long then they need to be rebuilt. After about 80,000~120,000 of good driving the apex seals wear down and they lose compression. I have seen that they are stuffing chevy motors under the hoods now. I can only imagine what a 5.3 would do to driving a Rx-7

There was a episode about that on horsepower tv..... that thing was sick

ricsrx

bump for Steve. I have had 3 1st gen's, they are a blast,we have a 5.0 to stick in it if we find the right one

D

Deleted member 12904

Have you thought about just renting one? You will be over it and have it sold by September anyway.