What did you work on Today; Home Edition

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
That’s for sure. We have a great pack of neighbors in the houses surrounding us and we all pretty much assume we’ll want or need to take our turns being involved when the HOA is handed over. Our development is going to be huge, like 850 units huge so there will be issues with aligning priorities throughout etc. I’m really hoping we can break it up into a bunch of sub-associations to make it easier.
850 is way big. Ours is like 75. Some people floated the idea to turn it into an HOA so they could gate it. A pool would be awesome but with 850 houses you’d almost have to schedule your time to play. I really don’t have issues with anyone else but wish I didn’t have to look at all of this guys stuff. It could be worse though.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
850 is way big. Ours is like 75. Some people floated the idea to turn it into an HOA so they could gate it. A pool would be awesome but with 850 houses you’d almost have to schedule your time to play. I really don’t have issues with anyone else but wish I didn’t have to look at all of this guys stuff. It could be worse though.
Didn't you accidentally set your fence on fire recently? Maybe the fire could just "accidentally" get out of control in his backyard next time?

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
To add an HOA to your neighborhood you would have to have 100% approval by the residents. It’s impossible.

N-Smooth

On today’s episode of builders are lazy dickheads: Who doesn’t want a 4” thick piece of concrete a few inches under grade by their front porch?

IMG_2194.jpeg
Imagine my dismay when I went to dig a simple trench and hit concrete every try for a few sq ft.

N-Smooth

Concrete in a dumpster is technically on the no-load list of dumpster items. At least for all the dumpsters I know of.

But yes that’s just sloppy. That’s the “next guys problem” mentality.
So you're saying I shouldn't go to my builder's active site up the street and throw it in their dumpster out of spite? There are a few dumpsters that are closer... but spite.

N-Smooth

Yesterday and today. Rented a trencher from HD and trenched until I could trench no more. Really it only took a couple hours. The pic only shows like 1.5 of the trenches but it’s the only one I took. Then I cleared the trench connections and where I had to lift up over pipes and drains that I luckily remembered the location of. Today I dug out the hole for the boxes, built the manifold and connected the main and the front sprinklers that I kept.
IMG_2198.jpeg

IMG_2212.jpeg

N-Smooth

Who knew you were so blue collar
It’s just cause I’m cheap. There’s still a broke ass XJ guy in there somewhere.
The trencher is my least favorite equipment rental to date but it’s still worth it. As far as building a sprinkler system goes, it sucks but it will be nice to know how everything was done.

N-Smooth

As of about 11 PM last night my sprinkler system is all buttoned up for the winter but my neighbor sent me this sweet drone shot of my trenches from before I filled them in. It looks kinda cool.
Attach0.jpeg
Also I rednecked the hell out of a blowout solution because I didn’t like using the one that involved the backflow preventer. It looks dumb but my fire sprinkler buddy said that’s how he would’ve done it and that’s a big compliment.
IMG_2278.jpeg

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
As of about 11 PM last night my sprinkler system is all buttoned up for the winter but my neighbor sent me this sweet drone shot of my trenches from before I filled them in. It looks kinda cool.
View attachment 166634
Also I rednecked the hell out of a blowout solution because I didn’t like using the one that involved the backflow preventer. It looks dumb but my fire sprinkler buddy said that’s how he would’ve done it and that’s a big compliment.
View attachment 166635

I did something very similar for mine, but at our irrigation pump. I don’t have a BFP. I don’t usually blow out lines.. but now I can when I want to. I think I have twice in my life.