What rig would I want next? Imaginary build - IFS 1st gen 4runner

sixstringsteve

That's an interesting point. I've never owned a heavy rig. I'll bet it's tons smoother through the smaller bumps (and probably even the bigger ones). I wouldn't be able to live with 11-12 mpg.

STAG

And you factored in the speedo difference between stock and now? 15's not too bad.

Yeah I multiply my miles traveled by 1.1 for the 9% tire size difference (should multiply by 1.09 but I don't care to be that accurate) and I'm getting about 290 miles per fill-up (after the x1.1)

*that is mostly freeway miles though. I have put on almost 5k miles in the month and a half that I've owned it. I get my company take-home truck on Apr 1st and I can start leaving the hummer home ha.

**running 88 octane, not sure if that makes a difference but I was running 85 when I first got it and I noticed it runs smoother on 88.

Last edited:

SLC97SR5

IDIesel

This bad dog knocks down 23mpg @ 80mph, tons of room, and a washboard killer. It is IFS/IRS, traction control, nannies cancel button and rolls on 17's. Now if the AWD model had low range you would be golden. :)

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
toy2g-albums-random+stuff-picture23812-seinna-4x4.png

MattL

[video=youtube_share;5K7joqd-hU0]http://youtu.be/5K7joqd-hU0[/video]
dunno how it would do on the climbs though.

sixstringsteve

Back on track. Built a bit more than I'd want, but I'll bet it can handle rocky roads like a CHAMP.

IMG_0444 (1).JPG

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 12904

Back on track. Built a bit more than I'd want, but I'll bet it can handle rocky roads like a CHAMP.

View attachment 89744

I love to see you moving towards the prerunner type trucks! A 4x4 long travel truck is just amazing on the different types of terrain they will handle with ease. Im hoping this winter to start on a full size bronco prerunner for my family rig as they can be had and build extremely budget friendly.

D

Deleted member 12904

I don't have any more trips planned this year that require 4wd...
While a 2wd prerunner would take me 90% of the off road places I would go living in Utah I don't think I Have the patience I would need to explain to everybody that has a lifted SUV or street truck why I only need two wheel drive to go off-road and do so at a much higher rate of speed and much rougher terrain in their 22" chrome wheels wrapped in 37" tires could handle.

mesha

By endurance we conquer
Take a 1st gen 4runner body and put it on your taco with a super charger. problem solved :)