General Tech when to take your top off?

when to take your top off?

• Total voters

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
so last year I took the top off the LJ and it rained for 5 days straight even though the weather teams all said it was going to be nice.... that was late may 2013... The year before I took it off in June and there was still a few rains days then....

So My poll is this
WHEN DO YOU TAKE YOUR TOP OFF?

1- its always off deal with the wet seat!
2- never love my AC too much!
3- April
4- May
5- June
6- July

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
Mine is still on, but that's because the truck ain't rolling. It normally comes off in early April, though. Rainy days are why the good lord gave us soft tops.

skeptic

Last time I owned a Wrangler (TJ) was when I lived in South Florida. For those that don't know, you can expect heavy rain there almost every afternoon during the summer. I ran it almost year round with just a bikini top, and the top half of the doors would go on/off depending on weather. Carpets and drain plugs stayed in the garage. It was only when it was really hot that I'd put the top up, all windows in, and run the A/C. Rain had no bearing on whether the top was on or not, although I suppose I always had a roof on and always had the top door halves either on or with me.

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
I take it off and put it back on throughout the year based on weather. I had mine off for several days a few weeks back, but had to put it back on because of rain.
I do love my AC in July and august though.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Hard top with a good strap system means it comes off every time the weather allows. Been off for a week now ignoring the threats of rain.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk

ricsrx

On Shelby's Jeep last year, i had the top off by this time, pulled the carpet and drain plugs and ran it with the bikini top all summer

scrogg

Enjoying the Drive
I roughly do a Memorial to Labor Day topless but there are several times I've pulled it before and or after that as well. A good ratcheting strap/hoist system in the garage makes it a quick 1 man job.

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
its nice to have a garage to pull into when it rains and your not driving... but I have none... so if I take it off it rains I get the wet seat!