where to get cheap dom tubing in salt lake area?

airmanwilliams

where to get cheap hrew tubing in salt lake area?

Ok I have an 87 samurai that a guy is going to help me build a rear cage for so my wife will let my son ride with me but I am in school and just need to find the cheapest place possible to get this. The guy says I need about 15 or so feet for it. I am looking for 1.5" od.

Last edited:

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Who's "we"?

With most places, the more you buy the cheaper it is. So you may want to try putting together an order along with a few other people on here. I bet you could get it under $7 and there is always guys on here looking for tube or about ready for it.

airmanwilliams

no I think for about 20 feet from you guys might be too much. steve crabtree told me to try hebrew pipe which he says would be $35 a stick rather than over a $100. I called metal mart and they had no idea what hebrew pipe waas so im going to have to try someone else.

airmanwilliams

thats probably what steve meant. I dont plan on doing real heavy wheeling at all so I am just looking for some protection on the road so my wife will let my son ride with me. I plan on putting quite a few cross pieces on it so it should hold up just fine. I just cant spend a ton while im in school and im fine upgrading later when im out of school.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Hebrew Pipe... :rofl:

600_e57436d910def1a080e21a3222afe73f.jpg

Sorry man, but that was just too funny to pass up.

I'd suggest calling some of the local fab shops and see if they'll sell you any of their DOM. HREW isn't quite as strong and uniform is DOM, but it will do the job.

redneckbronco

$8.00ft for the dom at Low Range Off Road.

Also Brandon in my last sammi i used 2 stock rollbars, I just turned one around and took and welded in some cross bars to tie them together. Cheap and easy and for what your lookin for will work great.

airmanwilliams

thanks dan but unless I can sell some of my other parts I think I would rather pay around $35 for a stick of hrew and if need be when im out of school I might do that dom.

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
Dannnnggg.... 1-3/4x.120 wall DOM is $3.30 a foot up here. Based on a 3 stick order - and that even has a delivery charged embedded in it.

HREW is about half the cost - $1.60 a foot.

I'd say 1.5" should be even cheaper?

airmanwilliams

dang thats cheap hrew exactly what im looking for. If I was back in tillamook oregon I would head up there with my younger brother and buy enough for an interior and exterior cage as well as some to build bumpers and sliders.