Whiskey

Die Blaue Ziege

Working on a Ford somewhere
Much like the rest of the mid-shelf relatively unremarkable bourbons, I'm sure some dork will buy it all sleep with it under their pillow like it's some sort of treasure lol.
Man, tell us how you really feel on the subject :)

BTW Wife and I stopped in and had a few brews and dinner, the WEE Heavy weas very good but the Oktoberfest (I'm not sure if that was what you called it) was Spot on! Great Job on those two. I must say I was a bit sad not to see the Rachel on the menu anymore, as I can't have certain meats (gout) so I tried the Chicken and garlic Brat, that was some fine eating there!

**** warning shameless plug ahead ***

If you haven't stopped in to bewilder Brewing Co. lately, you are missing out,! go take you lady friend or buds out and enjoy some great drinks and eats!

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Man, tell us how you really feel on the subject :)
Ha ha, ya I'm pretty vocal about how lame I think it is to chase run of the mill non allocated bourbons.
BTW Wife and I stopped in and had a few brews and dinner, the WEE Heavy weas very good but the Oktoberfest (I'm not sure if that was what you called it) was Spot on! Great Job on those two. I must say I was a bit sad not to see the Rachel on the menu anymore, as I can't have certain meats (gout) so I tried the Chicken and garlic Brat, that was some fine eating there!

**** warning shameless plug ahead ***

If you haven't stopped in to bewilder Brewing Co. lately, you are missing out,! go take you lady friend or buds out and enjoy some great drinks and eats!
Appreciate it! The draft Festbier or the Marzen in a can? The Festbier is probably my favorite beer we do every year.

Reactions: DAA

Die Blaue Ziege

Ha ha, ya I'm pretty vocal about how lame I think it is to chase run of the mill non allocated bourbons.

Appreciate it! The draft Festbier or the Marzen in a can? The Festbier is probably my favorite beer we do every year.
It was on draft, so probably the Festbier, it was the first day it was being served for the year, so I had to give it a try! I don't remember the guy's name that was working the bar, but he was super friendly, and helpful. And very excited to watch some football :)

Die Blaue Ziege

So my wife decided our kids are finally of the age that the liquor needed to have a locked storage. So she built this cabinet, it’s not finished, but you can see what it’s shaping up to be. It features storage on the bottom( yes I know I need to do more drinking and strart making some room 😂. )The top has a fold down that makes a nice shelf for mixing and pouring. I married a hell of a talented lady!

Attachments

• IMG_4196.jpeg
    IMG_4196.jpeg
    339.5 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_4198.jpeg
    IMG_4198.jpeg
    359.1 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_4199.jpeg
    IMG_4199.jpeg
    398.5 KB · Views: 22

The_Lobbster

A lock on a liquor cabinet around teens, is about as effective as Utah banning mini bottles to “prevent kids from drinking”

If they want it bad enough, they’ll find a way. I just had people buy for me before I was 21.

Die Blaue Ziege

A lock on a liquor cabinet around teens, is about as effective as Utah banning mini bottles to “prevent kids from drinking”

If they want it bad enough, they’ll find a way. I just had people buy for me before I was 21.
Well yes this is true, the lock is an rfdi and there is a camera in this room as it is in our entry. The main thing was it is now out of the basement with the food storage. We don’t really worry about our daughters drinking as much as friends asking if they can get them some. Locks in general are only really good to keep things from walking away easy and fast.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Now your kind of being a dick
This is not a recent thing ha ha.
I like it for the money. Good thing they limit sales to keep the dork from doing that
That's my point. Why does a non allocated, mid-shelf whiskey need to have a limit? That's like putting a limit on Heineken. There is nothing particularly remarkable about BT, just like there is nothing particularly remarkable about Eagle Rare, Blantons, ET Lee, McKenna, Michters, etc etc.

I get the demand on the limited and barrel select offerings, the BT Antiques, Birthday Bourbon, or anything with a particularly old age statement, but just regular mixing whiskey? It's just....dorky ha ha.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I would like to try their good stuff some day

The Antiques?
I have WLW (2020), GTS (2021), and the Saz 18 (2019). The saz is the rarest and my least favorite. I had a pappy 20 but I shared it with 20 of my closest homies in a single cheers.

If you want to try any, let me know. I have some little bottles I can put some in. I'm willing to trade too. I have an unopened bottle of Stagg Jr if any one is interested. I don't care much about it and it will take me 5 years to drink it.

bobdog

4x4 Addict!
The Antiques?
I have WLW (2020), GTS (2021), and the Saz 18 (2019). The saz is the rarest and my least favorite. I had a pappy 20 but I shared it with 20 of my closest homies in a single cheers.

If you want to try any, let me know. I have some little bottles I can put some in. I'm willing to trade too. I have an unopened bottle of Stagg Jr if any one is interested. I don't care much about it and it will take me 5 years to drink it.
For whisky I prefer Scotch. Bourbon is just ok but ive never spent too much. Beer is what I really like to taste. Pappy is the stuff the guy on that doc series Heists stole barrels of while working for way low wages right?

bobdog

4x4 Addict!
Actually the best thing about whisky these days for me is that they age beer in the used barrels. It also literally makes my girlfriend crazy. Mean too. It is well hidden here.

bobdog

4x4 Addict!
This is not a recent thing ha ha.

That's my point. Why does a non allocated, mid-shelf whiskey need to have a limit? That's like putting a limit on Heineken. There is nothing particularly remarkable about BT, just like there is nothing particularly remarkable about Eagle Rare, Blantons, ET Lee, McKenna, Michters, etc etc.

I get the demand on the limited and barrel select offerings, the BT Antiques, Birthday Bourbon, or anything with a particularly old age statement, but just regular mixing whiskey? It's just....dorky ha ha.
I don't even know what any of that means. Non allocated?? know it used to be on the regular shelf always available and like I said I thought it was a good value. then things changed and it was in the case with a limit. I asked once and they said they thought is was being resold but I couldn't imagine. Top shelf isn't a thing here anymore. neither is bottom though.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
And I know you're not really a dick. Ive actually met you in the real world.
I know you have, I remember. I talk the same shit in person, but it comes across less endearing on the internet for some reason.

Actually the best thing about whisky these days for me is that they age beer in the used barrels. It also literally makes my girlfriend crazy. Mean too. It is well hidden here.
We've been moving away from whiskey barrels the last couple of years. We still do our Anniversary ale in them, but it's become a hodgepodge of different barrels and has become somewhat difficult to blend how we want each year. We have been picking up gin barrels, mezcal barrels, sotol etc barrels a bit more, and I think the next one I want is an Amburana wood barrel. That stuff is wild and I think it was just recently de-black-listed by the TTB for brewery use. That stuff is so intense I think I could get away with 1 53 gallon barrel to blend with 250 gallons of beer and it would still be noticeable.

bobdog

4x4 Addict!
Keep it interesting. Some of us are not happy with a Hazy East coast at 5.0, a fake Hef and a Mexican style lager on tap and sometimes it's like 3 varieties of each of those styles on tap.