Whiskey

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I know you have, I remember. I talk the same shit in person, but it comes across less endearing on the internet for some reason.

We've been moving away from whiskey barrels the last couple of years. We still do our Anniversary ale in them, but it's become a hodgepodge of different barrels and has become somewhat difficult to blend how we want each year. We have been picking up gin barrels, mezcal barrels, sotol etc barrels a bit more, and I think the next one I want is an Amburana wood barrel. That stuff is wild and I think it was just recently de-black-listed by the TTB for brewery use. That stuff is so intense I think I could get away with 1 53 gallon barrel to blend with 250 gallons of beer and it would still be noticeable.
That all sounds very interesting.

AaronPaige

The Antiques?
I have WLW (2020), GTS (2021), and the Saz 18 (2019). The saz is the rarest and my least favorite. I had a pappy 20 but I shared it with 20 of my closest homies in a single cheers.

If you want to try any, let me know. I have some little bottles I can put some in. I'm willing to trade too. I have an unopened bottle of Stagg Jr if any one is interested. I don't care much about it and it will take me 5 years to drink it.
What’s the stagg worth to you? It will take me just as long to drink it but that’s one I don’t have