Who can fix?? Np231 Rear output shaft leaking.

moabjeep77

I will pay of course. Looking for someone to fix my leaking output shaft on my NP231 t case. Let me know if your willing to hook me up. Pm me or text me. 801, eight zero nine seven five 2 2

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
I assume you mean your rear output shaft seal and not the shaft itself for some crazy reason is leaking? The seal is a pretty simple fix. I would say try it yourself. If you really think you're not up to it, bring it over and I'll do it.

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
Yes it's the seal, sorry for the confusion. Also there is a bushings inside there to correct? you can text me to if you'd like. Let me know a price. Thanks.

Depends on the year and what it's in, but the older XJ/MJ's and the YJ's do have a brass bushing in there as well. It would be a good idea to replace that while you are in there.

I agree with the others though... as far as wrenching goes, it doesn't get much easier than this. Remember to top off the fluid when you are finished. The 231 takes regular old (dex 3) automatic transmission fluid.

Good luck!

moabjeep77

I'm not very good at wrenching! Also have heard that the seal can be a bi**h to get out. I could probably try and do it, but don't want to mess something up trying to get the seal and bushing out.

Last edited: