Who can lower my 1997 xr250?

zukijames

yeah thats funny you mention that.. i got my foot stuck between a rock and my peg it folded my boot/ toes back ( think 1 broken toe) and thought to my self.. lower would suck so bad right now!

up 040 and to holman flats i focused on just riding and not putting my feet down and i think eventually i will get used to my tall heavy bike

Tonkaman

I'm glad you had a moment of clarity even though it came with a toe casualty. On a side note, why didn't your boots protect you? You do have MX boots right?

Cascadia

Undecided
Ya, I wouldn't judge your experience of your new bike off that trail. It felt awkward for obvious reasons. That's like a last resort trail if you need to get back to the car fast.

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
The 97 doesn't have much foam I dont think but I can double check.

when I bought this in also rode the guys 94 xr250. It felt just like my 200 but with more power. It was really beat up and has been pieced together . Now I'm wishing I should have gone with it

I think some more time in the seat is the answer. I have been squawking over my new KTM a lot.. Mostly because it's not my old bike. But I sold my old bike to UPGRADE, not to stay the same. I imagine you will get used to it shortly. I was about 3-4 good long rides before I really started to enjoy it. You just need some time to adjust.

sixstringsteve

XR 250s have a reputation for being top-heavy. I feel your pain. With short legs, a 1" seat height made a world of a difference. You're riding extremely technical trails. Head out to hobble creek or strawberry and tackle some easier trails for a while 'till you get the hang of the bike. There were certain years of rhe xr250 where the seat height was really really tall. I can't remember which years, but it was like a 4" difference between the years. If you do decide on another xr250, stay away from the ones with dual carbs.

I think the perfect bike for you would be a pitster pro like chocflip's, or a ttr230/250 like glockman's.

zukijames

The worst part is my dog doesn't like riding it either. He moves around a lot more and makes things difficult..

if I'm on the 250 and my girlfriend is on my old 200.. He tries to ride with her haha
heading up AF in an hour or so

sixstringsteve

it sounds fun riding with a dog, but I guarantee it's going to hinder your performance. If you're riding stuff as technical as holeman, the dog on the bike will impact your riding far more than seat height.