Votes: 10 14.3%
  • Because I miss Shawn/James K

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • I'm a Cody groupie

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Other

Votes: 12 17.1%

• Total voters
I don't post unless I have some value to add.

As far as my trip reports....I view RME as a rock crawling website, and most of my exploring lately does not fit in with that theme.
RME is a rock crawling and off-road forum so I think it's great that you post up any "off the beaten path" trips you take. I always enjoy seeing everyone's pictures and where they've been regardless of how "extreme" the trip may have been.
This happens to me about 63% of the time.. The cool bus waved bye bye to me looong ago :sick:

I've got 2 nicknames that have stuck thanks to this website community of jackasses ;)

Buuuut, i'm still waitin on having my own smilie one day :greg:

-Jason
Oh for pete's sake, the only cool bus around here is Cody's ZJ and he hardly even rides around in it! :rofl:

And my dear Sami, you need to remember that a well loved individual has many names so you are just extremely well liked! :hickey:

DAA

I didn't vote, because I can't narrow it down to only one reason. These three cover it all for me though:

I'm shy
I don't have anything to add
I don't want to open my mouth and prove that I am a fool

I'm just not much on useless chit chat, not much on socializing and also not much on posting into a thread unless I really know, that I REALLY know what I'm talking about. I try not to open my pie hole unless I have something worth opening it for. So I don't open it very often...

Honestly, I think you should consider it a blessing that most folks aren't just mindlessly running their yaps on every thread. The fact that so many of us don't post much, is a GOOD thing.

- DAA

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I didn't vote, because I can't narrow it down to only one reason. These three cover it all for me though:

I'm shy
I don't have anything to add
I don't want to open my mouth and prove that I am a fool

I'm just not much on useless chit chat, not much on socializing and also not much on posting into a thread unless I really know, that I REALLY know what I'm talking about. I try not to open my pie hole unless I have something worth opening it for. So I don't open it very often...

Honestly, I think you should consider it a blessing that most folks aren't just mindlessly running their yaps on every thread. The fact that so many of us don't post much, is a GOOD thing.

- DAA

:rofl: Understood... I still like to hear the less active members posting up, whatever it is. Trip reports, minor tech, etc. It's all good! :D

Brett

Meat-Hippy
I think this is a big part of a lot of people's issue. I've heard RME referred to more than once as baby pirate. I think the site has gotten a ton better than it used to be about this. I don't think there is really any hazing of new members at all really. I think some of the older members still give each other crap but I think they generally wait until they know each other can take it.

Honestly, go look at all the personal attacks in the "proud to be an American" threads and I think that we all can see why people are afraid/timid to post on RME......

My opinion of course...

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
I'm a shy fool who has little to add, and I still manage to post quite a bit. :)

I often wish we had a larger base of active members. We have tons of members, but when you click on a thread you generally see the same few dozen members posting. There really is a great group of people here. Look at the cleanup, public service, land use, and rescue threads if you have doubts. I would really encourage new/inactive members to start posting, get to know some people, then get involved in the real-world events. For many of us, this is not just an online forum, it's a community that we interact with in the virtual and real world regularly. If you're lurking, get involved!

chadschoon

I'm a shy fool who has little to add, and I still manage to post quite a bit. :)

I would really encourage new/inactive members to start posting, get to know some people, then get involved in the real-world events. For many of us, this is not just an online forum, it's a community that we interact with in the virtual and real world regularly. If you're lurking, get involved!

that is what I did, and I have met some great people on here. also cody is a good egg. he just chooses not to be around idiots! (who knows why I get to wheel with him occasionally ;) ) oh and he's fun to get wasted at woody's in moab bwahahahhahahaha

Last edited:

1995zj

I'm addicted
I usually won't post up unless I have something useful to add to the thread.....pretty much my main reason for not posting as much as I do on other sites.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I usually won't post up unless I have something useful to add to the thread.....pretty much my main reason for not posting as much as I do on other sites.

I try to have fun, whether it's on a keyboard or in person. I'll say the same **** in real life, only it's easy to see through my sarcasm in person.

This board gets a lot of traffic in the chit chat area where a lot of the regulars and old timers hang out that know each other. Outside of chit chat, I see a lot of unfamiliar names posting more often so I think they are there, they just haven't been brought into our fold yet.

I can't even begin to tell you how many amazing people and amazing friends I've met through 4 wheelin or directly through RME. I met Greg, Brent (orton), and Marc Bryson very early on in RMEists and had they not been so accepting of my green-ness and helpful there is no way I could have stuck around so long, been on so many great trails, and seen so many amazing places. Had I just lurked around I would have never made some of the great friendships that I have now.

My only regret is that I turned Brett onto this place. Greg makes me call him every morning to apologize for that.

1995zj

I'm addicted
My only regret is that I turned Brett onto this place. Greg makes me call him every morning to apologize for that.

I don't blame Greg for that at all, hell if it were me I'd require you to do more than just apologize for that! Like a weekly 12 pack or something for the time that Brett is on here.

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
I can't even begin to tell you how many amazing people and amazing friends I've met through 4 wheelin or directly through RME.

I met a pretty good friend on here as well :D Woke up next to her this morning :)

At first I thought it was a little interesting to meet people in person from the 4x4 online community. To this day, I'd say I've met at least 50 in person, not a questionable person in the whole lot of 'em. Amazing people on this site

rdneckride

Why not

I don't have much to add and well not too experienced on many subjects but have posted once or twice outside of the Sale items.

Mostly it is my learning/getting to know people/having a good laugh/ and drooling over ya'll rigs and stories since I am rigless now and time only allows for admiring from afar.

rdneckride

TimB

Homesick
I don't post unless I have some value to add.

As far as my trip reports....I view RME as a rock crawling website, and most of my exploring lately does not fit in with that theme.

Have you read my trip reports? I got bored with crawling several years ago - I still do it but it's not worth posting about in most cases. New country though - THAT is worth posting up on. :)

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
I slowed way down because I really got tired of bickering. I have a really good time on the trail with the core group of guys. There are some people on here that I really don't think kindly of, so I just keep my opinions and information to myself.

That is all.