Wifey is getting a new kidney!!!

JoeT

Finally after all that she has been through ( 2 strokes, 10 months living in care centers, therapy, almost dying 5 times,etc) she gets a kidney on the 23rd!! Her sister (Alicia) was donating her kidney in my wife's (Angie) behalf to someone else. Doing that would get the kidney transplant foundation to find a match for Angie before they took Alicia's. Turns out that Alicia is a PERFECT match for Angie. That's not supposed to happen! The doc's ran the genetic test 3 times because they did not believe it. This forum was a HUGE source of support for me and my family when we were dealing with Angie's strokes. Can't say enough good things about the people here, even Tacoma. :eek:

Surgery is sometime on April 23rd at IMED, which is so nice to be 5 minutes away from work for me.

blznnp

Congrats to you and your family, good to hear that he sister was stepping up to donate. Don't be afraid to ask for any help from everyone on the forum for anything.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Congrats Joe and Angie, that's great news! Pretty crazy that her sister is a match!

Keep us posted when the surgery gets close Joe, if you need anything don't hesitate to ask.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
I remember your post a while back asking for a kidney. I like to help out as much as I can, but that's a tough one. I'm so glad you were able to make it work! Congrats.

rollover

Awesome. You guys have been strong through it all.

I'm 8 years out on my transplant and thankful forever to my donor.
She will feel so much better in just hours of receiving it. It's a awesome feeling when it kicks in. The best advice I could give her is get up and moving as fast as she can. Her recovery time will be faster.

Praying for you both for a speedy recovery.

JoeT

After 2 delays, my wife was finally able to have her kidney transplant last friday. The new kidney kicked in sooner and better than what was expected. Both my wife Angie and her sister Alicia (donor) are doing very well.

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
Congrats, good to hear she's doing well. My sister had a kidney/pancreas transplant about 6 years ago, she had been on dialysis for a few years before hers came through, her health really improved after.