Wifey is getting a new kidney!!!

jentzschman

After 2 delays, my wife was finally able to have her kidney transplant last friday. The new kidney kicked in sooner and better than what was expected. Both my wife Angie and her sister Alicia (donor) are doing very well.

This is wonderful! God bless you guys.

Bart

Glad things went well and best wishes on her recovery. It's been a long journey for your whole family. Good luck.

Houndoc

Glad all is going well!

To the rest of you, notice all the positive changes in people who have received transplants!

Most of you have two kidneys- give one away.

The need for "Good Samaritan" donors (i.e. you just sign up to donate and they match you with a recipient) is huge. Start here: http://www.idslife.org/

Feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns about the process. More than happy to share my experience. Would be willing to do it again if I could (but need the kidney I still have!)

phatfoto

Giver of bad advice
Great news Joe and Angie! I know what we've been through these last few years, and I can only imagine the relief you all must be feeling now! Awesome to hear that its already kicked in and working as well.

JoeT

Thanks to all for your kind words and support! Sister in law left the hospital yesterday and my wife should be out on friday!