Jeep Wolverine TJ build

Freeman Jeep

So as most builds evolve, I was inclined to sell the super duty axles...but I used the proceeds to buy a more stout t-case with 4.3:1 low range. I figured I would just beef up the stock axles and run what I had until I was more financially prepared for 1 ton axles. So in the whirlwind of coaching high school baseball, and running a welding shop in the high school I have had very little time to work on the jeep. But in that time I was able to get a free set of bronco axles that I am going to run under the jeep. Not 1 tons, but they will work for the time being. (I am not opposed to building the jeep multiple times until I get what I want). While I wait for parts to come in for the 9" I am going to run the stock rear 44 with the 44 front axle. I have spacers that will also convert the bolt pattern on the rear. I have all the parts for the front swap just need school to end so that I can get it slung under the jeep with a 3 link set up.

The rear I have put in a fuel cell and sunk it into the floor. That got me ready for the 8" stretch. The rear will be getting 14" coil overs and a custom triangulated 4-link. I am just going to french the frame for the coilovers.

The unfortunate part of it is, I did not get a lot of pictures of the tcase going in and what I had to do to get the shifters to fit. Or of the progress of getting the fuel cell all set up. The fuel cell I made accept the stock sending unit from the TJ and ran everything that way. With some custom fuel cell rings that I designed and cut on the CNC table. I will get some pictures in the next day or two of the finished product.

Freeman Jeep

So a couple pics of how the fuel cell was hooked up, as well as what I did to the rear of the frame to make my new "bumper/crossmember" mount.

I just found a thread on what people used to hook the fuel cell up to accept the stock pump. Then for the mounts on the frame I just cut and welded some brackets that welded to the frame to mount my new bumper too. It's nothing special, but it will do the job. It also fits flush against the back of the jeep which is what I really wanted.

Now I need to get a plate cut out for the skid under the fuel cell and fab up some brackets so it can mount in front of the fuel cell. The skid will attach to the rear bumper underneath. I plan on drilling and tapping 3 holes for some bolts.IMG-1807.jpgIMG-1809.jpgIMG-1808.jpgIMG-1816.jpg

Notice the different tires...got a flat so had to get the other tire fixed. Talked to the guy fixing my tire, I had a piece of 1/4" round rod stuck in it. So much for pulling the jeep into a metal shop.:)

Freeman Jeep

Nothing like having my thread die for almost a year (that's on me). Coaching two different sports and taking my wife a vacation last summer took up a lot of time. But I was able to get a lot done last summer right before school started and football really got kicked into high gear.

I ended up stretching the rear wheel base back around 8" and added coil overs. I trussed the 44 and built all the mounts on it. I built and welded a crossmember where the links would mount to the frame. The control arms ended up being double triangulated and has plenty of travel.

I ended up driving it looking like a stink bug from August until December since I knew I would be doing the front as soon as Christmas came.

Once Christmas came I pulled the jeep into the shop and tore the front end down and got to work ripping it all apart for the 3 link that was going in. I ended up putting coil overs in the front as well and trussed the 30. I got some steering arms from sidewinder fab since I was told by my uncle to give them a shot and I figured why not. I stretched the front forward around 6ish inches I can't remember. But my total wheel base ended up right around 108".

Right around the time I got it all ready to go I went and bought some new 35s and put her together. I like the way it looks so far and it handles pretty well considering. I am going to figure out a sway bar for the front with disconnects and I have everything I need for hydro assist. Just waiting for another free second.

IMG-1962.jpgIMG-2054.jpg

IMG-2057.jpgIMG-2058.jpgIMG-2173.jpg69378328757--FC8D1E68-946A-4AE8-9F63-BD14C5CDC98F.jpg69507384901--68B9A6EC-C9DB-467C-9240-47D5AC42116A (1).jpgIMG-2763.jpg