Yost Enduro Oct 4th

djgardner

One thing I wish was more clear was exactly where the tests end...at the end of test 2 there was someone several yards in front of the chute telling me to slow down...then they marked my time when I got to the table...so if I didn't slow down as much as another rider I could have made time in the chute.

Or is the end specified and I just don't know about it?

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
With some quick calculations, Josh was about 18% quicker than Terin on average. With that average, Terins test 1 should have been around 21:30 long, not 10:58. If you add that extra time to his score, he would have a total time of 1:46:32. That would put him as the first overall novice by about 2 minutes and prove that he is sand bagging.:D However, if he was one of the people who missed a corner and got back onto the course further down the trail, I am not sure if he will be penalized or DQ'd by the Buzzards.

Yep, and It could have just as easily been marked on the log 10:58 and it maybe should have been marked 20.58.
I hope they dont DQ him, obviously he doesnt NEED to cheat.

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
thats strange when I click on its still showing Terin 5th overal and Strat Am.

Im jones'n to see the points updated so I can calculate drops and see where I stand.

djgardner

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
I plan on it.

you are likely going to be pointed up.. novice to Am is 15 points. Am to Expert is 50 pts.

I believe the points are as such:
1st 6pts
2nd 5pts
3rd 4pts
4th 3pts
Or you can just move up on your own.

I have 39 pts with 3 more races to go. Ill probably move to Expert next year. no more trophies for me.

djgardner

Paul can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe move up points are awarded based on overall division finishes...

1st overall Novice: 6 points
2nd overall Novice: 5 points
3rd overall Novice: 4 points
Etc.

Rather than be awarded by class...

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
Paul can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe move up points are awarded based on overall division finishes...

1st overall Novice: 6 points
2nd overall Novice: 5 points
3rd overall Novice: 4 points
Etc.

Rather than be awarded by class...
As hard as it may be to believe;) I have no clue on how move up points work. But from the USRA rule book you find

Move-up points1. Move-up to the next higher class will only occur prior to the first race of the year. The only exception will be if the Competition Committee feels the rider truly belongs in a higher class, they may move that rider.
2. Move-up points will accrue during the year as follows, based upon ability class finishes. A rider will only receive move-up points if the rider’s finishing position is in the top 20% of the ability division.

Last edited:

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
If I'm doing it right I have 20 points and missed last race and will be missing this weekend. So I have 2 races left.

If you have 20 pts, then you will be required to move to Am starting in 2015. then you dont have to worry about Expert until you gather up 50 pts.

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
Move-up points
1. Move-up to the next higher class will only occur prior to the first race of the year. The
only exception will be if the Competition Committee feels the rider truly belongs in a
higher class, they may move that rider.
2. Move-up points will accrue during the year as follows, based upon ability class finishes.
A rider will only receive move-up points if the rider’s finishing position is in the top 20%
of the ability division.
Table 11 – Desert Race Move-Up Points

1st 6 pts2
nd 5 points
rd 4 points
th 3 points
th 2 points
th 1 point
For example: in an ability class of 20 riders, 20% would be 4 places. So 1st through 4th
finishers will receive move-up points. 5th place on will not receive any move-up points.
The number of move-up points needed to cause a rider to be moved to a higher class
the next year is:
Table 12 – Desert Move-Up Points Needed
Novice 15 points
Amateur 50 points
3. Move-up points will carry from one year the next until a rider accumulates enough
points to be advanced.

Cascadia

Undecided
I find it strange that points will be carried over multiple years and added together....if I'm reading it right. Seems like you would start over year after year. But 50 points is also a lot.

djgardner

I find it strange that points will be carried over multiple years and added together....if I'm reading it right. Seems like you would start over year after year. But 50 points is also a lot.

As I understand it, The points don't carry over from Novice to amateur...once you move to amateur you start over. But they will accumulate for every year you race novice and then again for every season you race amateur.

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo

Im sure it starts over when you go to Am. It makes sense otherwise some that only race 5 or 6 races a year might never advance, and yet might belong in an advanced class. last year I only raced 4 races and 2 of which I got 1st place finishes, those points should carry forward.