'09 Rubicon

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Got my skid plate delivered today.

Here's how it started

IMAG0709.jpg

Less than one hour later it's all installed and ready for some abuse.

IMAG0710.jpg

Solid 3/8" mounting brackets

IMAG0711.jpg

My only gripe was Rock Hard only sent me half of the directions. Luckily I had already found a great install write up which was much more thorough than I would have had anyway.

By next Monday my new tie rod will be here and installed.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Went and picked up my new tie rod from Seth at Trail Ridge today. Gotta say I'm really impressed with how beefy that thing is. Just need to get some TRE's for it and get it installed. Probably tomorrow after the training day.

sixstringsteve

Brian, your rig is one of my all-time favorites. Don't tell anyone, but if someone told me I had $60k to spend on a rig (and it had to be spent on a rig), the I'd get a Rubicon 4-door JK without hesitation. And I'd build it just like yours.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Thanks a lot guys. I really like the direction I decided to take it. By no means is it the ultimate crawler but it will do pretty much anything I want it to.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Managed to get my RME sticker put on. I am not a fan of a bunch of stickers so I am really picky about what I put on my rig. Thanks for bringing these out to MMP the other day Shane.

IMAG0725.jpg

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
So I got bored today and decided to take on this small project.

Winch, bumper and grill removed.
IMAG0726.jpg

Grill painted black with Rustoleum bedliner.
IMAG0727.jpg

I still need to put another coat on and I'll have it all but back together.

And when I was looking at the Jeep from the side I was half tempted to chop the frame horns off. If this wasn't my daily driver or I could pull it off and keep the winch I could have a zero degree approach angle. Sadly there just isn't enough room to keep a winch on it and get the awesome approach angle.
IMAG0728.jpg