100 Pushups

Caleb

I actually started something similar, something I came up with myself. I started at 10 pushups a day and I increase by one each day. That means at day 90 I'm doing 100 consecutive. I'm doing the same thing with sit-ups.

Tarryn-itup

I go to the gym pretty regularly but calisthenics are my weak point. Guess I'm too heavy..
Count me in it's always fun to track progress.
Anyone feeling particularly strong try something similar with pull ups great exercise for many muscles. I use one of the doorway things for that.

jackjoh

Jack - KC6NAR
Supporting Member
What a come down, I could only do 22 before I pooped out. In my Navy days and up until about 60 I would do 50 push ups, 100 set ups, and about 25 chin ups every other day just to stay in shape. I will be 84 in May so I am cutting myself a little slack.

What a come down, I could only do 22 before I pooped out. In my Navy days and up until about 60 I would do 50 push ups, 100 set ups, and about 25 chin ups every other day just to stay in shape. I will be 84 in May so I am cutting myself a little slack.

Awesome! 22reps at 84 is sweet.

25 chins in a row? That's pretty good at any age. I got up to 20 a while back, but I'm happy with sets of 10 these days. 50 has long been my max on pushups. Not that hard to get there, but hella impossible to go past.

clfrnacwby

Recovery Addict
Today was chest day. Finished my workout and was able to knockout 50 straight. Did 3 sets of those. I'm pooped.

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
I felt damn lucky to get 40 in after work today... Though only 38 should count because my last 2 were pretty (really) pathetic.

jackjoh

Jack - KC6NAR
Supporting Member
Awesome! 22reps at 84 is sweet.

25 chins in a row? That's pretty good at any age. I got up to 20 a while back, but I'm happy with sets of 10 these days. 50 has long been my max on pushups. Not that hard to get there, but hella impossible to go past.

My wife reminded me, it was the Korean officer that came on board ship that did 25, I only did 20 and would always hit a brick wall. I am playing pickle ball with the young kids, under 60, and doing pretty good but sure get pooped after 3 doubles games.

43. Not bad for 295lbs

Not bad at all. You'll be starting at week 2?

My wife reminded me, it was the Korean officer that came on board ship that did 25, I only did 20 and would always hit a brick wall. I am playing pickle ball with the young kids, under 60, and doing pretty good but sure get pooped after 3 doubles games.

LOL the young kids (under 60?)

Ok, epic internal struggle going on here: The ego/curiosity wants me to drop and rip 50+, but my torn shoulder is happy that it doesn't hurt (much) today (chest day) and says NO.

Last edited:

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
I did this last summer and got up to doing 75 in one sitting, then stopped the program.

I'll jump back in it tomorrow.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
There's not nearly enough wimpy fatsos jumping on this ship. You guys are making me feel bad.

Should we start Monday? I think I'll do day one three times, this Wednesday and Friday and then again for real on Monday.

Marsh99

Lover of all things Toyota
I'm in. I alway joke that I'm a fat in shape guy. I'm over weight but can still manage to do a triathlon. Hopefully this motivate to get back in real shape.