100 Pushups

SWALLDOG

I'm in also! Funny, I just started doing pushups last week. I have my fit for duty in June for work and pushups are always my low point. My plan was to do 30 every day before I jump in the shower, so that's what I've been doing (barely). Haha. But I like this 100 pushups plan better.

Probably @ work under a truck, Tapatalk 2

blznnp

Thursday, for the first time in probably 15 years I benched 300 lbs (305, actually). And, nearly 3 months ago I struggled with ten push-ups. So, don't feel bad - feel mean. You look like a naturally strong guy. I remember you've got a killer handshake. I'm betting if you hit it hard, not just regular push-ups, either. You'll smoke 100 push-ups.
Thats awesome, to go from barley doing 10 pushups to benching 305lbs.

so just out of curiosity, what is the definition of the pushup that you guys are doing. What I mean is do you have the nose touch the ground, the chest so many inches off the ground.... I am in to do it also, have a little head start since the wife and I have been doing a workout program for the past 10 weeks.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
I'm going until my elbows are at 90 degrees. I've got a lot of body weight and very little joint strength or muscle tone, so I'm not going to go lower until I get at least a couple weeks in.

January 9th, 2014, at 5:30 am, I put down 10 of the most pathetic push-ups of my life! I was at my lowest point of physical shape and my highest weight. So, I'm just a little bit ahead of you, at the moment. I cut out the junk (although lately I've been indulging), I'm militant about hitting the gym HARD, and I intermittent fast (look up IF, it's good stuff). I've cut 30 lbs and continue to drop more each week all while increasing my strength.

Thursday, for the first time in probably 15 years I benched 300 lbs (305, actually). And, nearly 3 months ago I struggled with ten push-ups. So, don't feel bad - feel mean. You look like a naturally strong guy. I remember you've got a killer handshake. I'm betting if you hit it hard, not just regular push-ups, either. You'll smoke 100 push-ups.

That's really impressive. I'd be happy to make half of that progress!

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
So that's an interesting question. When you do a pushup, what percentage of your bodyweight are you lifting?

Google says 70%, plus or minus.

Last edited:

jackjoh

Jack - KC6NAR
Supporting Member
Not bad at all. You'll be starting at week 2?

LOL the young kids (under 60?)

Ok, epic internal struggle going on here: The ego/curiosity wants me to drop and rip 50+, but my torn shoulder is happy that it doesn't hurt (much) today (chest day) and says NO.

Do not, and I repeat, do not force a broken body part to do more then it can. There is a fine line here, the younger you are the faster you repair.

B2-Bomber

a little relevant anecdote:

last year, January 1st 2013 I weighed 233lbs, at 5'8. I started with a trainer who did a baseline of how many pushups I could do, (as well as many other movements). I worked with the trainer 3 times a week. and 3 times a week at the gym alone. 4 months later I had hit the lost 45lbs mark. my bench max was way up, I had a fair amount of muscle definition. I even had stretch marks on my chest from muscle growth
needless to say I was is far better physical condition

so the trainer then put a 45lb plate on my back. and we tried the most pushups I could do I did 1 less than the day I was fat, and 45lbs heavier. even though there was the same 45lbs on me

yes I know that the weight distribution was different and so on, but you would think that I could do more after getting in better shape. that's all

blznnp

I just did 30, probably could have done some more if I easing my workout clothes and not in my regular clothes with stuff in my pockets. So are we going to do this a Monday Wednesday Friday deal?

Tarryn-itup

30 without stopping. The app started me on week three.
I like the idea of putting weight on your back, but then again I'm probably one of the youngest on here.