Ford 1978 Bronco Build/Repairs

Raleigh

OMF Dave
Thanks Tom, it was good to meet you!

Monday LOL Mitch, that's funny!

I got the arms finished today and after messing around some with them I have decided to put bushings on the axle side lower links.
radiusarms12.jpg

Gonna put these on rather than the Heims.
http://www.ballisticfabrication.com/Ballistic-Forged-Poly-Bushing-263_p_1646.html

Last edited:

Raleigh

OMF Dave
I flexed it and it was a little stiff, I think another set of bushings should free it up a bit.
I will actually use them on my steering so it's all good.

Last edited:

LT.

Better think twice before ordering anything from Ballistic Fab. They do not have the best track record for getting parts to folks. I would hate to see you get burned like so many others have.

LT.

broncomitch

dont be a sheep in a jeep
Take off one of the upper links off and try it agsin, That setup normally binds up.
Bushings will make it worse..but make the handling better.

And ya, don't bother with bull shit fab....they will burn you...if you ever get your parts.

Last edited:

Raleigh

OMF Dave
It flexes pretty good as is, and this will be mainly a street rig and probably won't see many trails.

As for Ballisitic they do suck I agree. I may get the Teraflex bushings and have Carl rethread the links.

Raleigh

OMF Dave
Got another hoist this morning and got the body under the patio thing.
The two hoists sure make it nice, I can lift the body up high enough that I don't need to lay under it to work on it.
bodylifted1.jpg

Going to work on the undercarriage tomorrow, today was kind of a clean up and organizing day.

Raleigh

OMF Dave
Spent the morning on the transmission and transfer case. It got too damn hot so I called it a day.
Got the transmission assembly all sealed up, cleaned and painted.
trans1i.jpg

trans2.jpg

Picking up some new engine mounts tomorrow, I will get the engine and trans on the frame Wednesday after work.
The \wife is going to the National Flute Convention so I will have some free time to spend with my first love!

Raleigh

OMF Dave
Looking good man I need to drop mine off and get drivelines built lol
Can't wait til I am ready for drive shafts!!!!
Holy Damn it is hot!

Got the engine/Trans/Transfercase set in the frame today. Set it in one piece, wouldn't want to do that with the body on it!
enginemounted1.jpg

enginemounted2.jpg

More room than I thought between the yoke and the cross bar for the radius arms
transfercase1.jpg

transfercase2.jpg

Raleigh

OMF Dave
Finally an update!

I got the roller nearly complete, I still need to get rear rotors, u bolts and spring plates but it is on all fours!!!

roller1a.jpg

roller2.jpg

roller3m.jpg

The radius arms are really long, now that it has tires on it you can see how long they are.

Raleigh

OMF Dave
Well it took a long damn time but the Bronco is on the road!

Ended up building a new 408 for it which prolonged the build a while, still have quite a few details to complete but overall it is getting close.
It has a new title that shows 3.9 miles lol. I have been driving it occasionally since the beginning of February, it has 353 miles now.

img_20150307_075920340.jpg

dscn2100.jpg

dscn2080.jpg

20150218_204449_resized.jpg

20150120_201850.jpg

thenag

Makes me kind of miss my Bronco.

Hey I still have a new and working used starter sitting in my garage that might work for you. They will fit a 84-ish f350 with a 460 and a 4 speed manual. Every time I see them I think about your Bronco.

Nathan

Raleigh

OMF Dave
Thanks guys, I miss wheeling with you, it was always a good time.

Got the windows tinted today, nice to be able to get some decent tint on the front windows, some people get 5% on the front which is way too dark for me, I went 35% front and 20% rear.

dscn2119.jpg

dscn2122.jpg

Raleigh

OMF Dave
Went to the 4x4 Jamboree this past weekend, had a great time!
[video=youtube;4cNdvd4miYE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cNdvd4miYE[/video]
[video=youtube;M8xsAEg-pJk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8xsAEg-pJk[/video]
[video=youtube;SBMAENDBbMg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBMAENDBbMg[/video]
on-the-falls.jpg

honeymoon-trail-10.jpg

honeymoon-trail-12.jpg

honeymoon-trail-15.jpg

Last edited:

Raleigh

OMF Dave
Ran a nice trail yesterday with Vegas Valley 4 Wheelers, primarily a Jeep club but a real good group of guys, only a few snobs lol

This trail is generally ran by guys with lockers and I must say it would have been much easier but we made it through!
potato-ridge-1-2.21.16.jpg

potato-ridge-2-2.21.16.jpg

Got a bit stuck here, I slid down off the rock and pinned with 1 rock in front of the front axle and 1 behind the rear, a locker sure would have been nice here lol
potato-ridge-3-2.21.16.jpg

potato-ridge-4-2.21.16.jpg

potato-ridge-5-2.21.16.jpg

[video=youtube;h2lu0qryZ8k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2lu0qryZ8k[/video]