Ford 1978 Bronco Build/Repairs

Raleigh

OMF Dave
If ya need those bushings back let me know. I'm going to make my new one with heim's
This is what I am doing as well, in the end it was less money and just as strong to make a new bar and a less sophisticated mount.

Besides I may go with a triagulated four link when I do my D60 swap and getting to cute with the track bar mount would be a waste of time and money.

Raleigh

OMF Dave
Won ton axles, diesel engine (6bt or P.S. not sure yet!) Detroit rear locker, OX front, replace rusty body panels,

Alcan leafs with Orbit Eyes , possible 3-link front suspension or Duff Radius arms(undecided)

I would like to run 40" tires once this is all done!

Raleigh

OMF Dave
Got my Track bar mount and new track bar finished up yesterday.
dscn0193.jpg

This is sideways but you get the idea!
dscn0194.jpg

Angles are not perfect right now, but when the D60 goes in and the new axle side mount goes on the angles will be perfect!
dscn0195.jpg

All the axle rod ends are 3/4" heims, which makes it easy to carry 2 extra ends incase something breaks.

Thanks Josh!!

Raleigh

OMF Dave
Replaced the front oil seal and cleaned up all the crap off the engine.

Be nice to have an engine that doesn't leak oil all over the frame and suspension.

hoosier

mtn yot
lookin good. any trips planed soon? we went and did rattle snake sat but the terra flex family held up waynes world for a long time so we headed back out.

Raleigh

OMF Dave
thought about going to Rattlesnake tomorrow night but I don't have lights under my rig and I can't run Constrictor so I probably won't go.

Busy month so I will probably only go to the Old Ward Canyon clean up this month.

abhaulr1

Bush Eaters
you might think about running a brace from the trac bar where the trac bar connects to the other side of the frame. It will give the mount on the frame some possitive reinforcement. as you wheel and the rig goes up and down it will push against the mount and cause it to flex. sooner or later it wil fatigue the frame and crack it. just some food for thought.
Dwayne

Raleigh

OMF Dave
you might think about running a brace from the trac bar where the trac bar connects to the other side of the frame. It will give the mount on the frame some possitive reinforcement. as you wheel and the rig goes up and down it will push against the mount and cause it to flex. sooner or later it wil fatigue the frame and crack it. just some food for thought.
Dwayne
There is a cross member just in front of the track bar and the frame is boxed and the bolt holes are sleeved.

Most likely will do some sort of bracing when I replace the engine with a diesel that will help...

Last edited: