2nd Annual Winter Riding Trip

Vonski

nothing to see here...
This weekend was so much damn fun! Lots of great new trails (we'll, to me anyway). Great group to ride with and looking forward to doing another trip with ya'll!

Sorry you couldn't make it Derek, so plan on next year. You can just buy a new bike there if needs be. ;)

Cascadia

Undecided
What an awesome weekend. You'd never think having 16 guys on a trail at a time could work out very well. But it did. Lots of great people, great bikes, and awesome trails. Can't wait to do it again. I just hope I don't have to drive around with a senior citizen all weekend next time. ;) Anytime we would get in the truck Von was out like a light.

rholbrook

What an awesome weekend. You'd never think having 16 guys on a trail at a time could work out very well. But it did. Lots of great people, great bikes, and awesome trails. Can't wait to do it again. I just hope I don't have to drive around with a senior citizen all weekend next time. ;) Anytime we would get in the truck Von was out like a light.

I am so glad Von was there to take the heat for that comment. Tyson already asked me if he could order off of my Senior Citizen menu for breakfast. Damn kids anyway.

Vonski

nothing to see here...

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz... huh? what?

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
What was up with james old bike?

....and is it for sale now? :D

Its was actually my brother lukes bike, The KTM mechanic thought it was crank bearings from the sound, vibration and smoke. He decided to buy a brand new 300 while we were there, yes his 2011 will go up for sale, not sure if hes going to sell it broke or fix it first. I think his focus is getting the new one ready to race in a couple weeks. Hes also going to sell his 04 YZ 450 that has a fairly new top end.

Last edited:

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
Its was actually my brother lukes bike, The KTM mechanic thought it was crank bearings from the sound, vibration and smoke. He decided to buy a brand new 300 while we were there, yes his 2011 will go up for sale, not sure if hes going to sell it broke or fix it first. I think his focus is getting the new one ready to race in a couple weeks. Hes also going to sell his 04 YZ 450 that has a fairly new top end.

Wasn't your old bike having starting issues to?

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
Wasn't your old bike having starting issues to?

The only starting issue was Travis was doing it wrong, sometimes you have to crack the gas barely, always been like that, and my new KX is the same way.. It started third kick for me. once it was warm he had no problems. Strattons bike had starting issues when it got warm. still a mystery.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I had a blast chasing Tyson, Luke and Terin. You guys may have pushed me over the edge into racing at least one desert race this year. I hope Greg can walk after his multiple get offs:)

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
... I hope Greg can walk after his multiple get offs:)

I can walk fine, there were only 2 get offs and out of those, the Swan dive off the 5' rock was the one that hurt... my neck is STILL sore!

I had a blast, it was fun chasing Tyson up the wide open washes and follow Grant... I even passed Grant in the whoops! Passing was safer than backing off.

It was great to see and ride with everyone!

GAR

Thanks for a super fun weekend! I just made it home and am faced with snow on the ground and probably 4 more months of winter. Time to try some tap-con ice studs!

...I had a blast, it was fun chasing Tyson up the wide open washes and follow Grant... I even passed Grant in the whoops! Passing was safer than backing off.

I'm just glad I could hold my line and not wipe us both out. I need a lot more practice in sand, those whoops were sketchy for me

Greg

Admin
... I'm just glad I could hold my line and not wipe us both out. I need a lot more practice in sand, those whoops were sketchy for me

You were good Grant, no worries! Whoops are a PITA, I hate 'em. You know when you got way sideways on some rocks and I was riding behind you filming? I watched the video and there was so much dust it's about impossible to see you pulling it back in and staying on the bike! It was impressive, for sure!

I passed Tyson when we were hauling ass up that big wash too, so don't feel too bad. ;)

Greg

Admin
They are a lot easier when you ride across the top of them.
[video=youtube_share;VHYjjGM1Hy0]http://youtu.be/VHYjjGM1Hy0[/video]

Easy to say, hard to do.... :p I'm actually getting much better at riding the sand whoops, I felt pretty decent there last weekend.

Is that your boy? :eek:

Greg

Admin
Here's my short vid from Day 2.... be sure to watch in HD!

[video=youtube;yqB0B_Oyxm0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqB0B_Oyxm0[/video]