2nd Annual Winter Riding Trip

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
Hey Stratton is that GPS cord Sageriders Thanksgiving camp, thats where Terin and I were planning on parking our camp trailers, I bringing my trailer and I also have a hotel room.

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
So it sounds like my new bike will need a little tinkering before its rideable.

No clue what I will need to bring for tools.

Who is bringing what for tooling?

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
Cheston, Ill have some tools, what are you needing to do?

Carb is leaking fuel pretty bad. My guess is stuck float and overflowing. Not a big issue hopefully

The big issue is the clutch. It has a Rekluse but it isn't working. Greg says the lever is extremely stiff. If you ride it and get up to speed the lever softens but stiffens back up as you slow down. Rekluse is not disengaging at all and will kill the bike. Greg says it isn't really rideable as is. Russ called his tech buddy at Layton Cycle and he thinks it could be a slave cylinder adjustment. Fingers crossed

The bike has been sitting a few months and the PO says it worked fine when parked

So the bike was for sale on CL in Grand Junction. Greg being the horribly mean person he is, went and checked it out for me and will be delivering it to St George. So I obviously haven't even seen my bike yet.

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
carb issue should be simple, rekluse on the KTM is a little different then my kx where it is hydro. Im sure we can figure it out. might just be way out of adjustment.

Tonkaman

I've got good news and bad news. I'm back on the roster for this trip!! The funeral couldn't get booked till Tuesday so I'm coming down. The bad news is my bike got intimidated and decided to break down. I think the coil went bad so I'll be trying to skip work and get it fixed before we load up