5 Mile in high gear

SmokinCamel

Went from 80" to 125" :)
Morning started a little rough. First uncle's fuel pump goes out as we get there. Second my right hub did not lock. Third we lost the group after helping my uncle. I had fun just driving around the area trying to find them. It was muddy :D Once we got to the top of rattle snake we found them. Well we were comming down and ran into them. Then the group just fell apart there. Myself and kurt were in my zuk. Sami's zuk, the rubicon, Oh I forgot his name. Sorry. Then larry I believe. Came back down rattlesnake. I would have to say it was fun comming down. I bet it is funner going up. On the way down we found a little play area. Well it was part of the trail. I was incouraged to roll my zuk. I came close a few time while on the rocks. So at this place I tried my hardest to roll and the damn thing wouldn't roll. It took 10 mins to make it roll. When it did it went. Pics will come as soon as SAMI posts them. Thanks guy for an awsome day. What better way to start wheelin after 10 months then with a day like today.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
I have to say thanks to Smokincamel for giving in to peer pressur and rolling that bad boy samurai (with me inside)... thats right baby, full footage...:D

A sweet trip, but what ever happened to sticking together on trail runs...we kindve got ditched...:confused:

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Ya, definately a good trip. First time out there, and it was fun. After some gears and a locker i'll run abit better and stronger. I'll post pics if Wort sends them to me. But from what I understand, he's going to join today/tommorow and do it hemself. We'll see. How'd the cherokee issue resolve finally. Did they ditch it, or did Larry's wife bring a trailer? I almost reached you guys on my way back to pick them up, then you didn't need me and I had to flip around again. I know a certain stretch of road real well. Was there an accident out behind me, more toward you? Cause there were lots of cops and stuff rushing out there. How did you get home before me? I was doin' over 75+ all the way home. How's everything running? Get a ticket for no flare? We need to do it again soon!

SmokinCamel

He he thanks for the peer presure. People don't think I will do the things I do. Hey SAMI if possible I would like a copy of video taken of me. I need updated pics.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Larry's wife was going to come pick them up, he was going to go back and get it later. We actually got home pretty quick, no accidents and no cops that I saw but Smokincamel dropped me off in Sandy...

The samurai ran great the whole way home... Smokin could swear he heard a funky noise but all I heard its that Lock-wrong in the rear end...:D

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Originally posted by SAMI
Do yo uknow if he was getting it tonight?

Thats the way he made it sound... you might try calling him just to make sure she found him OK. I gave her good directions and he was going to start limping towards town... Let me know if he made it back OK...

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Tommorow no good, need to get the images of J**ps out of my head before it explodes. Until then I am immobile!

SmokinCamel

Yeah your right. Next week then. Get the whole group back again. I need time to fix my flares and rack. I guess when I help SAMI then I will fix them. When are we goin that there SAMI?? ANything is good for me.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Ya i'll call se what's up. Smoke I'm not sure. How long would take? What kind of equipment do ya got? I want to cut my fenders abit when we do it. I could do some trim work in shop and then drive out to install them. Would that work better? What did you think of my rig, over all? Mine's a bit cleaner.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
You'r right. But if I tipped while wheeling an obsticle I would care. I just don't want to roll. Tipping, ok by me. Not on demand, no.

SmokinCamel

The tools you need is the bandsaw that I have and a drill. Depending on how you want to mount them to the bracket you might need a ribet gun o screws. If you want to cut the plastic you may the only thing is it still a big sheet. it is about 4 feet by 3 feet. The plastic is at my shop. I like your rig very much. It is alot cleaner :p You got some good wheelin skills too. I like the setup you got runnin. You are one awsome dude to wheel with. Same with you kurt. i will be looking forward to wheelin with ya again. All of the people that went out today were awesome. One thing I don't understand is with the rubicon is that it has all theese nice things on it but no power windows. :confused: I guess it is a jeep thing. :p

Last edited:

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Kurt didn't you have better idea on how to mount the flares? So, I need to cut the plastic to the size I want? Is that what you're saying? And would it be cool if I trim some sheet metal off my rig before we do it?

SmokinCamel

Yeah it would have to be cut. If you want to use the bandsaw you are welcome to. My shop has metal cutting equipment so if you wanted to cut you may.