AF Canyon evening/night ride? Sept 23rd

sixstringsteve

I've had a sore throat I haven't been able to kick for a week and a half. I'm afraid I'm going to have to sit this one out. I'll keep ya posted if anything changes.

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
Spent some needed time on the WR tonight, in preparation for the ride. I put on a new front Maxxis Desert IT tire, re-adjusted my headlight so it pointed down (instead of up into the sky), lubed my chain, changed the oil, wired up the LED tail light AND brake light and finally added a new brake switch... it was a very productive evening!

I also taped up the gaps in the plastic around the headlight, so I don't have light shining back at me while seated on the bike.

After it was all said & done, I took the bike out for a road ride in the dark to make sure the headlight was were it should be... it's pointed in the right direction, but the lighting SUCKS! I have great lighting on both sides, but there's a gaping dark hole right in the center. :eek: Oh well, at least I'll be able to see sides of the trail.... :eek:

I should have followed Kurt's lead and bought a new light from Caleb... I think that may be a future purchase.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
...I should have followed Kurt's lead and bought a new light from Caleb... I think that may be a future purchase.

I promise it didn't suck as bad as mine did, I felt like it was aimed 100 yards out and when I shimmed it to point at the ground, the light scatter was disappointing at best. Loving the new light!

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
8pm should work nicely for me if I can sneak out for the 4pm meet. See you guys at one or the other.

:cool:

I promise it didn't suck as bad as mine did, I felt like it was aimed 100 yards out and when I shimmed it to point at the ground, the light scatter was disappointing at best. Loving the new light!

:rofl: That would have been interesting.

I'll be checking out your new light, seeing how much better it is than my stocker.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
:rofl: That would have been interesting...

I've done a few night rides on the old light and it was workable but even at moderate speeds I felt like I was out riding my light and one corner away from taking a tree branch to the head. Excited to see how this one works in the dark trees.

Caleb

8pm should work for me too. My team party starts at 5, I'll spend an hour or two there then start heading up. It sounds like I'll likely have one of my buddies with me. He just needs a new bulb which I believe was showing up tonight.

sixstringsteve

I'm feeling pretty good today. i'm going to try my best to make it. I got my carb adjusted and my night rider lights charged.

Caleb, do you think you could give me a lift up the canyon? I can drive up there on my bike, but I'd rather not in the dark.

rholbrook

Problems

I bought a much better bulb for my WR and went out to change it while I had a minute between phone calls.

This is what I found.

oil leak 3.jpg

oil leak.jpg

oil leak2.jpg

It looks to be coming from the tube that goes from the frame to where it connects to the motor. I may of lost the o-ring or it feel out when I changed the oil. Won't know untill I pull it and look.

If I can get a minute I will see if I can figure it out and get it fixed. Problem is I am swamped today and now may not be able to join you. My biggest client made it known to me this morning that they have several phone conferences I had to be on because they are hiring a new President. My last one is at 2 pm so I was hoping it wouldnt last long but you never know. Some people there have a tendency to get off track easily.

The other WR in the picture still has the head off of it. I was going to put it back together two nights ago but had to get a couple of different shims. I have the shims now so that will be this weekends project.