Any Mtn Bikers on RME?

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
So I decided I need to get my phat butt back on my bike. Of course, both tires are flat. I have just enough sealant to do both so I do. The front won't hold air because the valve stem is leaking at the base so I decide to put a tube in it and call it good. The tube leaks at the flashing on the inside edge so I put the second one in. It leaks from a random spot on the side of the tube. Both were unused and still folded from the factory. I did find out later that they were both 7 years old. Moral to the story, if that old tube you've had bouncing around in your tool kit or on your bike is more than a couple years old, it is worthless.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
So I was this really cool dad and stopped at a yard sale to buy my kids a unicycle. It was more than I thought I should pay.. but I was already there. It didn't have pedals so I bought a set from amazon.
I went to install pedals, and the dumb crank is stripped out.
Tried to pull the crank off an older bike and boke it.

Point is.. if you guys have an extra set of crank arms in your rubbish pile that is bound for the trash.. I could use a set.

They are only $20 on amazon.. but that means I could have just bought a new one for what I have spent on this one.. 😢
You're going to let your kids be unicycle kids? Is that a good idea?

Also, I pulled down that bike I bought from you last year for my son and an hour later my neighbor called saying there was a fire alarm going off in my garage. It was the little bike computer thing that was left on the handle bars. I couldn't get it to turn off and it was super loud so it got yanked and met an end with a sledge hammer in the drive way.