Any Mtn Bikers on RME?

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
Darn platforms finally came in today. I ordered them July 18th. I don't know that I'll be ordering from that site again.

sixstringsteve

Dang. I wouldn't either, after that. My bike frame came in 4 days from them. That's not the first overdue shipment I've heard from them. I'm guessing they said they had it in stock when they really didn't.

ozzy702

I'm going to try out a new bike I got on pro-deal friday. We'll be doing the wasatch crest and taking the shuttle up at noon. Super excited even though I'll be sucking wind and moving slowly.

ozzy702

Had a blast today on the new bike. Despite being in horrible shape it was a lot of fun and I'm looking forward to at least one ride next week.

sixstringsteve

What did you buy eric? Got any pics?

I'm jonesing for a good bike ride this weekend. I'm thinking Canyons bike park. Anyone interested in joining?

Also, I finally found my night rider, so I'm ready for some night rides.

sixstringsteve

I'm riding maple hollow DH trail tomorrow after work if anyone wants to come. We'll be shuttling, so downhill only. This is NOT a beginner's trail.

ozzy702

I picked up a diamondback sortie 3. I have a friend that gets pro deals and for just over 2k with full XT components I couldn't pass it up. Even the giants on sale for 30% off were almost $1000 more for the same components.

It's a nice bike, I hope it holds up well. I was thinking of picking up the DB mason pro but even with the pro-deal it was $3000 out the door ($6000 bike).

My buddy just got a mason fs 29 for $1800 out the door, not bad for a bike that level and he digs it. Hoping I don't regret not getting something more downhill friendly.

http://www.diamondback.com/bikes-mountain-full-suspension-trail-xc-sortie-3-29

Last edited:

ozzy702

Cool bike ozzy, I'll bet it rides great.

It's a big heavy tank that is 180 degrees different than my old hard tail gary fisher but I dig it. Part of me thinks I should have picked up the mason instead but this bike seems to be a good all around bike and hopefully it being a little more XC oriented will keep me from wanting to beat on it hard.

sixstringsteve

Last night I rode maple hollow DH trail. It was awesome. I got beat by a girl on the downhills, which as absolutely awesome to see a girl with that much speed (not that I'm the fastest guy in the world, but that's a first for me).

I'm riding the whole enchilada this weekend and I have room for one more rider and bike if anyone's interested in joining.

ozzy702

Last night I rode maple hollow DH trail. It was awesome. I got beat by a girl on the downhills, which as absolutely awesome to see a girl with that much speed (not that I'm the fastest guy in the world, but that's a first for me).

I'm riding the whole enchilada this weekend and I have room for one more rider and bike if anyone's interested in joining.

I may be interested in coming if my backpacking partner backs out this weekend. What is your plan? I'll keep you updated.

sixstringsteve

I may be interested in coming if my backpacking partner backs out this weekend. What is your plan? I'll keep you updated.

Leaving Friday evening, back Sunday afternoon. Camping.

This group is pretty dang fast downhill, it should be a lot of fun. It's $25 for the shuttle. At the moment we have 3 spots reserved for the shuttle. Let me know ASAP if you decide so you can get added to the shuttle.

Last edited: