Any Mtn Bikers on RME?

sixstringsteve

Insane. Riding on the brink of death does not increase the fun factor for me. I'd they were riding pm flat ground it wouldn't be fun at all.

I've yet to ride the portal trail in Moab, but I understand there is a pretty sketchy part on it that you are supposed to walk. I even walk a couple of spots on the porcupine rim.

sixstringsteve

I've seen that spot in videos and I'll definitely be walking that section when I ride portal. It's nothing as sketchy as that video, but it's still enough that you could die if you took a weird rock that threw you off balance. I'm dying to ride Captain Ahab in Moab. I'm also planning on the whole enchilada in Sept or Oct. We should make a big group trip of it if you want. I'm fast, but not lightning fast on the downhills.

WayneXJ

grocery getter driver
Captain Ahab is a blast, one of my favorite trails. I'll be in Moab for the NAXJA fall fling in October and I'm planning on doing the whole enchilada while I'm there.

193kyle

Awesome ride tonight, Mueller Park was really fun, lots of climbing but not too steep, temps were great too. About 13.5 miles total with 1900 ft vertical.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I rode the big mountain trail at Snowbird yesterday. What a blast. We did a half day pass and got two runs in. I was pretty spent after two. First run was 37 minutes. Second took 41. My 15 year old rode my GT and had the rear shock locked out the first run and I kept up with him. Second run he saw it was locked and was gone after that. He was nice enough to wait for us at all the intersections:) Great way to get out of the heat.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
I've just finished with work and I'm already bored. Are there any suitable bike trails for wet days like today in Salt Lake County?

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
I threw my skinny tires on, I'm going to go ride out by the Mountain View corridor tonight and see how far I get.

EDIT: I couldn't get logged into Strava to track my ride but google maps says I did 22 miles. I think I need a new saddle.

Last edited:

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
So I got a shipped notification on July 19th from Chain Reaction Cycles for my platform pedals, two weeks ago. Still haven't gotten them. I know they (CRC) are a UK company, but does it typically take this long? In the email they said it wasn't a tracked service so I'm not getting location updates but I'm getting frustrated with this order.

Thoughts?