Any Mtn Bikers on RME?

ozzy702

Leaving Friday evening, back Sunday afternoon. Camping.

This group is pretty dang fast downhill, it should be a lot of fun. It's $25 for the shuttle. At the moment we have 3 spots reserved for the shuttle. Let me know ASAP if you decide so you can get added to the shuttle.

I'll try to find out tonight but probably won't know until sometime tomorrow. I'll get with you asap. Either way it looks like I'll have a killer weekend!

sixstringsteve

Fender and I had a blast on south fork little deer creek tonight. I love that loop. I had 18 pedal strikes. I need shorter cranks.

It's perfect weather for night riding. Does anyone else have a lighting system? I'd love to ride corner canyon at night when there's nobody else there.

ozzy702

I ended up being on baby duty all night and I think the wife is planning out my weekend now that backpacking and biking in Moab are out of the picture. I'm planning on hitting the trail two or three times next week so please post up if you're headed out and wouldn't mind me tagging along.

Samersen

What time on Saturday? And which shuttle? I have riden the crest twice this year and would really like to drop off into park city one of these times.

UFAB

Crest Trail. Saturday

No real shuttle

Drive up Big canyon to Guardsman pass, drop a car off and ride to Mill creek trail access down big cotton canyon. Potentially meet up at the Mill creek trail head/parking, then take my truck and drop off at top.

As for times, not sure yet, Still getting some of my friends on board. Most likely around 10 or so

Leaves will be in color for sure.

sixstringsteve

Canyons bike park was awrsome. I rented one of their downhill bikes and it was a blast. I sprained my foot, but hopefully it helps fast because I want to ride a lot more this month.

sixstringsteve

Negative. Everyone bailed on thst plan. So I'll be riding it in oct. If, by some miracle, my foot is healed in a few days then I may go this weekend. I'll let you know what I decide.

ozzy702

K. I'd like to ride with you once before just to make sure we are at the same level.

Ha! I'm sure I'm not at your level and would probably slow you down. If that's an problem no worries, I'll see if I can set up something with a few of my friends that are new to mountain biking.

I've been on a total of 8 rides in 12 years but six of those have been this year. I ran the crest three times, once with my old gary fisher hard tail, once with a crappy trek full suspension from the early 2000's that had about an inch of really horrible travel in the rear and then once with my new bike including rattlesnake and had a blast. I've ridden the draper trail system twice this year on my new bike and once on my gary fisher. I'll probably ride a few times this week since my buddy Ryan is receiving a new bike this week and will want to hit the trail as much as possible.

I'd be down to do a desolation lake run from Gaurdsman's pass since Mill Creek is closed for the season. I'm still trying to get used to this new bike and the more seat time the better especially with the spd pedals that I'm still on the fence about. I think for something like the whole enchilada I'll run some DH oriented pedals. Keep me updated!