Any Mtn Bikers on RME?

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
Always was. I really dislike the way everything has to have a fancy name - "downcountry" was and is exactly equivalent to "gravel" in the bke world. Marketing glurge.
While moto guys throw dumb dollars at every bling part to add speed, no other hobby I have had takes non standardization and rebadging old ideas as far as the MTB community. It's made me totally check out of MTB youtubers and online groups. I can't stand to hear about another innovation or trend that exists solely to create hype and market. However here I am looking at these silly short travel bikes. LOL. Not really about hype as much as riding one and seeing how it helped my fat ass keep up with fit guys.

I'm really struggling with the price tag on new bikes too. I thought my $3k Rocky Mountain was dumb. Used Pivots are $4-5K. New the model I'm looking at is north of $7k. That is just silly. If I can get half the money I paid for my Rocky Mountain back that will ease the pain a bit.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
I have not been on the bike more than a couple times in the past year. I didn't ride all last summer, I didn't ride last winter, I haven't been on dirt this summer. Had a couple hassles in my world in quick succession and I let the stress get to me and convinced myself that I was too busy/too tired/too hot/too cold, whatever. That's dumb, because riding is what was keeping me sane and I know this.

Time to get back in the saddle. I'm going to ride every day in September. Even if it's a spin around the block or a quick hop to the grocery store, I'm going to pedal every day. Today was errands, a six mile round trip to Lowes on the cheater bike. My knees and my butt hurt. I'm going to have to take it slow the first week, but I'm hoping to be in shape enough for a flat 20 miles by next weekend? We'll see. I don't have to be, that'll come when it comes. I just need to ride every day for thirty days straight.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I have decided NBD isn't that cool. You get these things after forking over $$$$, then you have to start dialing everything in. It should be new bike month. Once you get things setup and get a few rides in, that's when it gets fun.
I've got a few rides on the pivot now and all I can say is this thing rocks.
It pedals so efficiently and then it carves like a scalpel downhill. I've got 2 runs on rush and a few on zoorooia. It's so precise and fun. Love it so far.

Kevin B.

1725905400052.png

One week in, one day missed. Wednesday and Thursday were the really smoky days, I rode Wednesday anyway and then spent Thursday hacking up chunks of lung. These are little rides, and they're kicking my butt. I think I can feel some muscle tone coming back in the legs? Cardio is gonna take longer (not that I ever had any cardio anyway).

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
2 more rides in

My kid had a NICA race in Mantua Saturday. He did pretty dang good.

I volunteered for course cleanup. It kicked my trash. It was pretty warm and zero shade. Only 4.4 miles but I was completely spent. Embarrassing. Jonah had to do 2 laps
IMG_6959.jpeg

His team had a practice at north fork tonight. So I went and rode. I did Mules ear trail. Pretty good climb up with several switchbacks. Literally dying again. My heart rate is skyrocketing, asthma is asthmaing and just generally being out of shape. I couldn’t help but wonder how long til I see a little progress.

After going back down I met up with the kid and of course he made me go out again. This time I felt better. Still huffin and puffin but definitely pedaling better. Hope I can keep making the time to go. My body needs it. I got old this year doing nothing but working
IMG_6954.jpeg

IMG_6956.jpeg

johngottfredson

Threat Level Midnight
Picked up this Trek with the big battery on it…my stump jumper will never be used again! Ride up to the top of Suncrest and down through all the trails, good workout without making me hate any part of it. Living in Alpine makes it super convenient to hit the trail system. Hope to put on many, many miles before winter.
IMG_6894.jpeg

J-mobzz

I met this guy up In northern Idaho about a month ago that was riding a gravel bike cross country. He started back east and said he averaged 45-50 miles a day. He said that it was primarily on dirt and gravel roads except for through Kentucky where he had a friend join him that had a road bike. His description of his adventure aligned very close to this meme. Stating he’s spend many nights eating gas station food camped in a near by field.

Kevin B.

Thinking about downsizing my rack from this Velocirax 7, it's been great but I just don't need the space and a four place tray rack would work better for me. Anyone interested in a swap? It would need to have space for fat bike tires.