Anyone into 3D printing?

STAG

On my grind
Not sure why so many people on FB groups seem to think that resin printing can’t make useable parts.

3 parts I printed this weekend for my mill;

Bracket to hold a mister nozzle
078ADEBA-4DE2-487F-A17C-77259F696CD3.jpeg
Adapter to go from the sheetmetal coolant trough to 2” hose. The flood coolant drains out the back of the machine into this trough and the instructions have you hackjobbing the 2” hose onto the end of the trough but I figured I could do that cleaner.

Instructions:
156D28F4-1AE7-45B3-8165-E2BF1D27DFF6.png
My way:
B8362EFD-6939-4D13-83FC-7EB3DE58048E.jpeg

And then the coolant drains into a 5 gallon bucket where it’s pumped back up to the nozzle. I printed a sieve with about 100,000 .75mm holes in it to filter out any chips before they make it into the bucket. I’ll empty this as needed as chips accumulate. The big holes at the top will allow it to overflow into the bucket if the small holes get clogged and can’t drain.
3D265974-5552-4606-878E-A375EAF65B24.jpeg
7DEE8E1E-4198-4222-8FD8-586B25BB04D7.jpeg

Last edited:

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
My son is going on a young men's backpacking trip in the Uintas next month. Since I pretty much pawn my kid off to these church people to expose him to some religion, I figured I'd contribute. I printed 20 of these whistles to give to all the boys going. They are loud as a MFer. No chance they are losing a kid who didn't lose their whistle.

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
My son is going on a young men's backpacking trip in the Uintas next month. Since I pretty much pawn my kid off to these church people to expose him to some religion, I figured I'd contribute. I printed 20 of these whistles to give to all the boys going. They are loud as a MFer. No chance they are losing a kid who didn't lose their whistle.
I guess it's better than what I printed for Girls camp :D

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
I guess it's better than what I printed for Girls camp :D

THOSE THINGS ARE TERRIBLE! The neighbor kid printed one and I was victimized by it for a few hours before his dad found out about it and disappeared it :rofl: