Anyone into 3D printing?

ebryson

And here I am just printing tool orginaizers.

The socket organizers I designed myself. I saved myself an entire drawer plus a little with these. Going to work on ratchet and long extention holders next.
20230630_163255.jpg
The wrench organizers I got from thingiverse. Tho I'm thinking of printing some different ones.
20230630_163303.jpg

Last edited:

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
And here I am just printing tool orginaizers.

The socket organizers I designed myself. I saved myself an entire drawer plus a little with these. Going to work on ratchet and long extention holders next.
View attachment 161361
The wrench organizers I got for thingiverse. Tho I'm thinking of printing some different ones.
View attachment 161360
What printer are you using and have you been happy with it?

ebryson

What printer are you using and have you been happy with it?
I've been using a Qidi plus-II. I've been pretty happy with it. I haven't printed anything else other than PLA on it yet but I do want to try ABS. One of the reasons I got it was because of the print bed size and it's 10.6X7.9X7.9 with a heated bed. Pretty good unit for the price too.
20230614_191730.jpg

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I've been using a Qidi plus-II. I've been pretty happy with it. I haven't printed anything else other than PLA on it yet but I do want to try ABS. One of the reasons I got it was because of the print bed size and it's 10.6X7.9X7.9 with a heated bed. Pretty good unit for the price too.
View attachment 161362
That's a sweet printer and the enclosure will be awesome for larger ASA and abs prints.

The_Lobbster

I’m looking to get into the game for small stuff. What’s everyone’s recommendation for a starter printer, and software? Seems to be a lot of opinions online.

ebryson

I’m looking to get into the game for small stuff. What’s everyone’s recommendation for a starter printer, and software? Seems to be a lot of opinions online.
I'm no expert my any means but I hear a lot of people like the Creality Ender 3. In fact a lot of my coworkers recommended it but I didn't like the print bed size the print material limitations. I have heard you can print parts to make the print bed bigger and it's pretty inexpensive. I quite like mine (Qidi X-Plus II), the versatility is really good and it comes with its own printing software that can connect to the house internet. It is a little more on the expensive side ($500 for the printer and another $50 or so for another spool or 2 of pla filiment) for someone just getting into 3d print but I'm glad I spent the money.
As for software I use Fusion 360 to design the things I want. Only draw back on Fusion 360 is you're limited to 10 designs to make thru their cloud, which you can later save to you're computer. So technically as many designs as you want but 10 easily editable.
I really don't think there's a right and a wrong on what to get via software or hardware, I thinks it's mostly just preferences.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
We run ender 3's... The og ender 3 pro's anyway. We've had 25 of them, but we're down to 6 that are working. They do run 24/7 and the newest one is 22 months old so they're high mileage. I could likely fix at least a half dozen of the parts printers, but by the time you spend $20-50 in parts and a couple of hours, it's just easier to buy a new unit.

I think the 3 pros have been discontinued and the replacement is ender 3 v2 neo. The cutter shop has slowed down considerably so we're on the fence about dropping more coin on new machines. But if we do I think it'll be the ender 3 s1. They're under $300 now and I've heard good things about them. Getting rid of the bowden tube and getting auto leveling would probably save me from 2/3 of my headaches.

We use cura to slice.