Anyone selling their KTM 300? I'm in the market

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
The accountant gave the final approval for a new to me bike. If any of you on team orange were thinking of upgrading let me know. I would prefer a 2013 or newer with less than 20 hours in it with Rekluse already installed, my budget for said bike is ~$3k;)

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
If you're gonna dream, dream big right.

I was being a little sarcastic. I saw your bike Tyson. I wish I had the money. I'm realistically looking at under $6k and would like 2010 or newer.

Cascadia

Undecided
If you're gonna dream, dream big right.

I was being a little sarcastic. I saw your bike Tyson. I wish I had the money. I'm realistically looking at under $6k and would like 2010 or newer.
There are a few others on there but they all seem to have pretty high hours. But that doesn't mean much on a 300. Plus a rebuild would be super cheap.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I'm no stranger to a bottom or top end rebuild but I have learned that just because I know how, doesn't mean I should have to rebuild everything I buy. That said, if I can score a newer model year in good shape with mods I care about and higher hours, I would snag it.

Do all the 300's after a certain year have hour meters?

Cascadia

Undecided
I'm not sure about that. I know my 13 came with one but one of my friends with an 11 doesnt have one. I've heard its a dealer installed option. Not the buyer wanting it but some dealerships just install it cause it's what they want to do.

Cascadia

Undecided
Yep. That's the only thing I'll sell my bike for. If his sells before mine does then mine won't be for sale any longer.

Both my bikes I bought from ADS had hour meters. They said they added them on before purchase. Maybe that was not normal.

rholbrook

I had to go out of state to find mine. I got a great deal and it already had suspension work and a zStart Pro Rekluse in it. Everyone is Utah, Idaho and Wyoming think their 300's are worth their weight in gold

Uship is a wonderful thing once you find a good bike out of state

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I had to go out of state to find mine. I got a great deal and it already had suspension work and a zStart Pro Rekluse in it. Everyone is Utah, Idaho and Wyoming think their 300's are worth their weight in gold

Mine is only gold plated.

Vonski

nothing to see here...
None of them come with hour meters and I am not personally aware of any dealerships that just add them to the bikes before they sell them. I added mine to my bike.

I added one to my '14 the same week I bought it. I wouldn't buy a used bike that didn't have one (or a display of some kind). Of course, there is no guarantee that routine maintenance has been performed. They at least give you hope that it has. ;)

Vonski

nothing to see here...
Do all the 300's after a certain year have hour meters?

The XC's do not have hour meters or a digital display of any kind. The newer XCW's from '10-ish (???) to present have the digital display with multiple functions that include odo.

BTW, I'd recommend bumping your desired year ahead from '10 to '11 and newer. '11 was the first year of the 6-speed (if that means anything to you).

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
I run an hour meter too, it sucks when you go to sell, and no one wants your bike cause it looks like new and has hundreds of hours and everyone thinks its worn out cause your competing with everyone on KSL claiming there bike has under 30 hrs, and the bikes are all clapped out. ha

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
BTW, I'd recommend bumping your desired year ahead from '10 to '11 and newer. '11 was the first year of the 6-speed (if that means anything to you).

Good to know. Looks like '11 or '12 is what I will be looking for unless I can find a deal on a '13/'14.

From everything I have read here, I think I want an XC and not and XC-W. Is it possible to add the digital display on the XC? I really like an odo if it isn't too difficult.

How much did they charge you to ship your bike Russ?

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
Good to know. Looks like '11 or '12 is what I will be looking for unless I can find a deal on a '13/'14.

From everything I have read here, I think I want an XC and not and XC-W. Is it possible to add the digital display on the XC? I really like an odo if it isn't too difficult.

I am not sure what years it applies to, but my XC has all the wiring to put just about any accessory on it that the XC-W has. The only thing I am missing is the speedo sensor wire. The '13 also has an upgraded starter motor over previous years.