Bad Day on Utah Lake

Floppy Hat

mbryson's hairdresser
This is a link to a webcam at Utah Lake. Right now it is focused on a boat that has partially sunk.

http://www.utahlakeview.com/lake_utah.html

From what I understand the boat is about a 36 footer. It was launched yesterday and apparently the owner forgot to put the plug in. By 9:00 this morning it was mostly underwater.

Attachments

• Sunkboat.JPG
    Sunkboat.JPG
    8.5 KB · Views: 83

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
I bet this is the owner. And his wife will be making his sleep there for awhile. HA :rofl:

Attachments

• sadDay.jpg
    sadDay.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 46

sibeta

oh that would make you sick to see your boat like that. I am always worrying about forgetting to put my plug in my boat and sink it. Cant wait to see how they get it out of the water and floating again.

Last edited:

Floppy Hat

mbryson's hairdresser
I'm interested to see how they get it out.

The owner says he paid about $100K for it. If it was me I would probably be vomitting instead of laying on the dock. He is anticipating having to replace the microwave and fridge. I think he might have to replace a little more than that.

Brett

Meat-Hippy
What good is a pump going to do with it under water? It doesn't have any water tight compartments to empty out. To me, it would make more sense to get something to slowly start lifting the boat out of the water. Get it so it's got the top of the boat above the water all the way around. Then throw your pumps in and you're golden. Oh, and put the plug in under the drive ;)

Floppy Hat

mbryson's hairdresser
I was skeptical also, but it seems to be working. They were planning on pumping out the cabin. I guess they left some of the windows open which contributed to the sinking.

Attachments

• comingup.JPG
    comingup.JPG
    9.9 KB · Views: 21

Floppy Hat

mbryson's hairdresser
Looks like they got it up again.

I'm impressed the pumps were that effective. I was expecting a much more difficult process.

Attachments

• out.JPG
    out.JPG
    7.5 KB · Views: 28

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
They could've had it out in 20 minutes tops with ping pong balls. Don't they watch Mythbusters?!

no, they have a boat. they have better things to do than watch tv ;)

whats with the ping pong balls anyway? you buy $2000 dollars in ping pong balls (which are highly flamible I might ad) and fill up the inside of the boat with them so it can't ever sink?

Paul R

That sucks his boat sank...
On KSL it looks like he was blaming 911 for not coming to pump the water out...:-\