Build Thread: Sixstringsteve's 2005 4Runner Lorenzo

Troop92

Seems like a hassle for just a move, esp since you seem to love the Runner so much. They have u hauls for that purpose... :D I have a high-sided 5x8 trailer that comes with a set of hands that's yours should you need it.

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

Wonder how this would pull the buggy....

Towing capacity is 7,300 lbs. If you've got the funds and you're in the market, you're welcome to come pull with it to see how you like it. It's the same motor as the tundras of that age. What does your trailer/buggy weigh? The guy I bought it from towed a camp trailer around with it for a few months before I bought it.

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

Seems like a hassle for just a move, esp since you seem to love the Runner so much. They have u hauls for that purpose... :D I have high-sided 5x8 trailer that comes with a set of hands that's yours should you need it.

Thanks for the offer. While it'd be great for moving day, we are going to be renting for a few months before buying our next house. So we will be in limbo for those months. All my toys (kayaks, bikes, guitars, camping gear, etc) will be in a storage unit. It'd be nice to have a truck to be able to haul stuff back and forth each time.

Like you say, not necessary to sell this rig just for that. It'd just be convenient. If I did want to go back to a 4runner at some point I would never be able to find one this clean and this nice.

sixstringsteve

I've decided to hang on to the runner. I test drove a 2005 doublecab tundra, and it was WAY too big. I think the only rig I'd rather have than this is a 2015 doublecab tacoma. So now I'll probably find a small trailer to rent or buy for a few months 'till I figure out my living situation. Man, that tundra was BIG.

I would consider an access cab tundra, but the rear seat is absolutely useless in those. I'd rather sit in the jumper seat of an extended cab tacoma.

Cascadia

Undecided
I never thought the space in the access can back seat was that bad. I would much rather sit in the access cab rather than a Tacoma extended cab.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
My brother bought a 2000 Tundra over Thanksgiving with the half doors. I did some comparing after he bought it and the measurements are the same as a current DC short bed Taco. I thought they seemed pretty darn close in size but the difference is in fact negligible. Don't know how much longer the DC tundras are though.

sixstringsteve

Don't know how much longer the DC tundras are though.

Quite bigger. I think they're 13" longer. They're like an entirely different vehicle. Even the grill and front fenders aren't the same. I'd like an access cab tundra if it weren't for that useless back seat. I've ridden in the back of my friends' access cabs too many times, and every time I tell myself I'll never own one. Apart from that they seem perfect.

sixstringsteve

I'd love a little trailer like this. I don't know what I love about it so much, but I love this thing.

trailer%25201.jpg

trailer%25202.jpg

Keep your eyes peeled for something that could easily be turned into this.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
There is a big size difference.

I was comparing a first gen Tundra with a current gen (3rd) Taco. Added the DC Tundra below for reference. (and relevance)

2014 DCSB Taco2000 AC Tundra2006 DC Tundra
Width74.6"75.2"79.7"
Height70.1"71.3"74.6"
Length208.1"217.5"230.1"
Clearance9.3"11.2"11.3"
Wheel Base127.4"128.3"140.5"

Last edited: