Build Thread: Sixstringsteve's 2005 4Runner Lorenzo

jentzschman

:thumbs:

Looking forward to the build. You really don't use the sunroof, I would love one?
Any ideas yet on what wheels you want to get/color?

sixstringsteve

I'm not sure which wheels yet. I want to stick with 17s. Some of the FJ and limited edition wheels are cool, but I don't plan on spending a lot of money on wheels. I'm not sure on color either. Black wheels look good, but everybody's doing black. I wonder how a dark bronze would look. I like the bronze wheels on the miata, but they may look goofy on a SUV. I may just keep them aluminum. The current wheels aren't terrible, just kind of bland.

audiofreak97

Nice. I thought about bumping up a couple years and getting the V8 4Runner when I bought mine. Looks good! Can't wait to see what you do to this one.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
I have a feeling Steve is going to stick with this one until he's got enough to afford his Tacoma.

Troop92

Nice, good looking rig. I nearly got one when I was in the market, but I couldn't pass on my Trooper - well, no, I couldn't pass on the $800 price tag.... :D Hope it gives you many miles of trouble-free adventures.

Last edited:

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
So just a thought are you going to at least step it up slightly in tire size? something like a 285/70/17? or is this going to be a drive it vehicle and then figure it out?

sixstringsteve

So just a thought are you going to at least step it up slightly in tire size? something like a 285/70/17? or is this going to be a drive it vehicle and then figure it out?

It's got a +1 tire size at the moment. I'll have to check what size that actually is. This is going to be a "drive it for a while and then figure it out" type of rig.

I don't have plans to go much bigger on tire size due to its affect on MPG. I think it'll still look fine with an OME lift and the current size tires it has on it. I need to start reading other 4th gen 4runner build threads to see what they're doing for tire size and lift.

sixstringsteve

Lets get a light bar on this beauty :D

I don't even know where I'd put a light bar on this thing. I definitely want to test yours out offroad sometime.

I need to enlist your help in naming my Sidekick if you are going to keep naming your rigs all these great names.

Haha, thanks. The name has to be just right. My truck naming convention has a story, but its best told around a fire sometime. I stick to Italian names names for my trucks. I'm going to brainstorm a good name for your sidekick.

airmanwilliams

I don't even know where I'd put a light bar on this thing. I definitely want to test yours out offroad sometime.

I have a couple of 6" single row 1600 lumen ones that would be great in the bumper. I am finally close to the point of taking mine offroad haha. Suspension parts, bumpers, and mirror light tabs should be done in the next 2 weeks here and I should be done resealing and painting the trailer in the next couple days. Then it is off to take the wife and son to moab for a weekend trip next month.

STAG

I have a couple of 6" single row 1600 lumen ones that would be great in the bumper. I am finally close to the point of taking mine offroad haha. Suspension parts, bumpers, and mirror light tabs should be done in the next 2 weeks here and I should be done resealing and painting the trailer in the next couple days. Then it is off to take the wife and son to moab for a weekend trip next month.

I've seen these lights first-hand Steve, very small and sleek. An untrained eye wouldn't see them, and they put out a fair amount of light.

sixstringsteve

Abner is Hebrew. i don't remember exactly why I chose Abner, but it made sense at the time. :)

The other 3 names are Italian.

Last edited:

STAG

I vaguely remember the background story behind Abner, just didn't know if they were all Italian names too.