Build Thread: Sixstringsteve's 2005 4Runner Lorenzo

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
A_Cartoon_Man_with_His_Head_Spinning_Royalty_Free_Clipart_Picture_100509-137647-604053.jpg

2UZ 4Runners are solid, excited for you!

Bart

Amazing, 4 pages in less than 24 hours. In for the ride, however long or short it may be. I like the Runner Steve.

sixstringsteve

That's good to hear. I don't plan on adding a locker, and I'm hoping the traction control will get me through anything I need. If it's half as good as the traction control on the montero, it'll be good enough for me.

Jesser04

In 4low with the center diff locked it will get you where you need to go. What I was talking about is if you start sliding the stability/traction control is pretty impressive.

sixstringsteve

It's got ATRAC, right? That's supposed to be the bomb, interested to hear what you think of it.

aren't you the one who told me all 4runners have ATRAC? I assumed it had it based off your comment. I have a trac light on the dash, but that's all I know.

sixstringsteve

In 4low with the center diff locked it will get you where you need to go. What I was talking about is if you start sliding the stability/traction control is pretty impressive.

I've heard that. tacoman99 says it's tough to do donuts in the snow because the traction control keeps you pointed straight. Pretty cool.

sixstringsteve

Hey, us 3rd gen guys are pretty level headed. :p

This is true. 3rd gen guys are pretty normal. Tacoma guys are weird too, just in different ways.

3rd gen owners are the worst.

I mean, next to those 4th gen goobers, anyway.

4th gen and 5th gen 4runner guys are extra weird. The prices they'll pay for hood scoops, extra factory options, rare trim packages and colors are amazing.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
aren't you the one who told me all 4runners have ATRAC? I assumed it had it based off your comment. I have a trac light on the dash, but that's all I know.

I did say that, I though it was standard on all 4th gens. Does yours not? I apologize if not, I guess I better shut my yap.

4th gen and 5th gen 4runner guys are extra weird. The prices they'll pay for hood scoops, extra factory options, rare trim packages and colors are amazing.

This is amazingly true. I think they think they're trying to keep up with the cruiserheads. The amount of money that vendors get from them for bumpers and roof racks and other assorted bling is horrifying. Sliders for a 1st gen? Under $200 for a couple tubes of DOM. The same thing for a 5th gen has to be rectangle tube with cool little angles, and it has to be powdercoated, and it has to be bolt on, and they won't touch it if it isn't over $800. And they're nuts for roof rack ladders and light bars. It's crazy.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
...This is amazingly true. I think they think they're trying to keep up with the cruiserheads. The amount of money that vendors get from them for bumpers and roof racks and other assorted bling is horrifying. Sliders for a 1st gen? Under $200 for a couple tubes of DOM. The same thing for a 5th gen has to be rectangle tube with cool little angles, and it has to be powdercoated, and it has to be bolt on, and they won't touch it if it isn't over $800. And they're nuts for roof rack ladders and light bars. It's crazy.

I'm assuming a current 2014 model is a 5th Gen? I couldn't STAND the appearance and that still hasn't changed. What's the deal with aggressive bug eyed-look?

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
What's the deal with aggressive bug eyed-look?

I don't know what the deal with the aggressive sticking-out headlights and taillights is. It's not just a 4Runner thing, I've seen it on several other new Toyota models too. The 4Runner got worse with the 2014 refresh, that's when they added those horrendous teardrop things under the headlights.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I don't know what the deal with the aggressive sticking-out headlights and taillights is. It's not just a 4Runner thing, I've seen it on several other new Toyota models too. The 4Runner got worse with the 2014 refresh, that's when they added those horrendous teardrop things under the headlights.

It just looks SUPER dorky, IMHO. When you want me to throw down $35k+ for one, I'm not into buying dorky. (sorry to clutter your 4Runner thread Steve)