Build Thread: Sixstringsteve's 2005 4Runner Lorenzo

airmanwilliams

Lowrangeoffroad has some roof racks from rage powersports I was going to go look at today after work. I think they have 3 in their universal yardsale section for around $80 each and 2 of them I think have deflectors on them.

sixstringsteve

Thanks. Can't argue with that price. I think I want something a little lower profile. Something more like a flat rack rather than a basket.

sixstringsteve

When you're a short guy, roof racks kinda suck. I think most of the ladders on 4th gens look stupid, so I'm not sure what to do. That being said, I don't need a roof rack.

Here's a guy with a similar rig with a gobi.

[video=youtube;FZgqENaGl9Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZgqENaGl9Y[/video]

While I think that roof rack is far more than what I need, it does help envision what this rig would look like with black tires and a little lift.

airmanwilliams

When you're a short guy, roof racks kinda suck. I think most of the ladders on 4th gens look stupid, so I'm not sure what to do. That being said, I don't need a roof rack.

Here's a guy with a similar rig with a gobi.

[video=youtube;FZgqENaGl9Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZgqENaGl9Y[/video]

While I think that roof rack is far more than what I need, it does help envision what this rig would look like with black tires and a little lift.

Now that is hot. I definately can feel the pain using my roof basket(especially a few weeks ago when we loaded all oour camping gear in it for a trip just north of rexburg). I wish I could incorporate a ladder into the sidekick but I am just not sure it would work well unless I lost about 120 pounds. Thank you for pointing this out, I may look for a lowprofile basket myself like this or even just a straight flat one.

BlueWolfFab

Running Behind
Just cruising across IG and came across a pretty low profile bumper.

CFD059D2-67C6-4963-9301-0C7BF83A4932_zpsshjc1fog.png

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
I bought the hitch fuel carrier from Moody that he listed a while back. I really like it but broke some welds while we were down in Beef Basin in June. It was Rogers brother that he built them with, at the time the brother had a fab business that has since gone under. I need to get the carrier fixed but have just had other priorities.

This pic was taken like ten minutes before it broke on me. As far as tailgate access, it hinges away from the vehicle to clear the rear hatch. It doesn't clear enough for my JK but it was enough for Rogers 100.

AqJxgM4l.jpg

Edit: here is a better pic that shows it from the side. I had to add the extender to clear my spare tire.
xqICDoXl.jpg

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

I've been reading up on the pfran LED kit for the interior. Anyone have any experience with these LED swaps? I don't want a harsh blue light, but I like the idea of the lights putting out more light than stock. Link to install thread for future reference.

Last edited: