Build Thread: Sixstringsteve's 2005 4Runner Lorenzo

sixstringsteve

bronze looks amazing. I think the 8.5" width would end up being too wide. Too bad he doesn't make them in a narrower size. That definitely makes me want bronze wheels now.

7DD86920-F5D8-4829-9022-23F021EDED00-4244-000001E54264C3E8_zps5aa61be1.jpg

S6_ChrisB-3.jpg

this nasty bumper ruins it, but it's the only bronze wheels on 4runner i can find.

4ED57AC0-E4E0-4E2B-A734-1A4C760285DF-47192-000005B38C270DBB_zps23c277e4.jpg

gunmetal

photo%25205.JPG

DSC_0025.jpg

I kinda dig the 5-spokes too.

2013-11-10095023_zps584d2e5f.jpg

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

I have konigs on my miata and I love them. Check out these sixshooters. It looks like I can even get them in a 8" wide. I'll have to check the backspacing.

shooter2_zpsb5595047.jpg

IMG_3668.jpg

IMG_0426.jpg

Last edited:

Caleb

I love those Black FJ TRD wheels you posted up earlier. Those are what I've been planning to go with on my Tacoma when I do new wheels and tires. I've also toyed with the idea of the bronze TRD wheels as well. My only issue is I would prefer to stick with a 16" wheel and the TRD pro bronze wheels are a 17".

ptr20-35110-gr.jpg

I'd prefer to stick with a factory wheel personally, but I also like the Konigs too. I've considered them for past vehicles.

MOODY

Bald Guy
Excellent truck. We had a 2004 V8 Runner with OME, ARB bumper, sliders, dual batteries, and just slightly oversized tires (265/65/17 was stock, we went to the 265/70/17). Not a single issue with that truck. Tons of power, great sound system, lots of luxury goods.

You'll love it. Keep it awhile.

sixstringsteve

i just ordered my 2.5/1.5 daystar spacer kit from amazon. $133 with free shipping. At that price it's worth experimenting with to see if I like it.

cackalak

I've got the PFran LED's in my 100. Much much better compared to stock, and I'm not the one to like those super blue headlights and such. The kit came with an extra Red LED map light, so put it in on one side. It's nice for hunting/camping outings when you don't want to mess up your night vision. Back up lights are so-so. They illuminate pretty far away, but not stuff that's up close--ie, too focused. I would just get the interior lights.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
I've got the PFran LED's in my 100. Much much better compared to stock, and I'm not the one to like those super blue headlights and such. The kit came with an extra Red LED map light, so put it in on one side. It's nice for hunting/camping outings when you don't want to mess up your night vision. Back up lights are so-so. They illuminate pretty far away, but not stuff that's up close--ie, too focused. I would just get the interior lights.

x2, I've installed a handful of PFran kits, very happy with them including my 100.

sixstringsteve

I'm quickly realizing that the double decker storage platform in the back is not useful for me since it can only hold 66 lbs. I plan on removing it and gaining another 1-2" of height. It doesn't sound like much clearance, but I could use all I can get here, especially with a sleeping platform. My wife's honda fit has more storage room than my 4runner. I'm still loving it though.