Building a pump track in the backyard

sixstringsteve

I'm going to build a pump track in my backyard and I need a LOT of dirt. The more clay in the soil the better. Here's a pic for inspiration:

pump-track-590.jpg

sixstringsteve

Sweet. I thought you might have a lead on that. I'm going to plan it out this weekend. Shoot me a text if you end up coming across free dirt.

Last edited:

clfrnacwby

Recovery Addict
If you need help hauling and spreading the dirt, let me know. I could either help spread the dirt by hand (I have this weird endurance factor when it comes to dirt and a shovel - I dug the 14'x36" deep hole in the ground by hand for our trampoline...:eek:) or, my neighbor works at Wheeler CAT in SLC and can hook us up with equipment rental at a discount.

Last edited:

Cascadia

Undecided
Wish you would have posted this before I sold my hydraulic dump trailer. Coulda come in handy. How long do you plan on being in your house?

sixstringsteve

A hydraulic dump trailer would be perfect!

I plan on being there for a while. We love our neighborhood. Unless I get a dream job that requires me to relocate, I don't plan on going anywhere for at least 5-10 years.

blznnp

I am not far from Harriman, I could help with hauling some dirt from there to you if you need, I could probably put some side on my trailer an use it to if needed.

sixstringsteve

I've never met fuzzy, but I always loved seeing pics of his backyard in magazines as a kid.

Brett, thank you! I'll let you know.

skiboarder

SkiBoarder
I was there one day after a Mtn bike ride. "Here Sean, go for it it's easy". The first gap is 22.5 feet.
"No thanks Fuzz. I'm good".
Eddie Buckley. " Sean I've riden with you in Moab. Don't be a wuss".
Ryan Nyquist. "Geez guys leave him alone".
I told Ryan It was all good. I talked Fuzzy into dropping into 5th street ramp on a skate board.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
I am not far from Harriman, I could help with hauling some dirt from there to you if you need, I could probably put some side on my trailer an use it to if needed.

Steve, make sure he puts new tires on his truck first or he'll need 4wd to get into your driveway...