Building a pump track in the backyard

blznnp

Steve, make sure he puts new tires on his truck first or he'll need 4wd to get into your driveway...

hey now, with the weight of dirt in the back I won't need 4wd. I could have made that hill if I had a little more speed, of course I might have gotten air from bouncing.

dash

i am diiging out a bit on the side of my house for a driveway prep i have been trying to figure out what to do with the dirt. If you wabt tit you are most welcome to it. i am hoping to get it taken care of this weekend. let me know if you want it.

sixstringsteve

If you need help hauling and spreading the dirt, let me know. I could either help spread the dirt by hand (I have this weird endurance factor when it comes to dirt and a shovel - I dug the 14'x36" deep hole in the ground by hand for our trampoline...:eek:) or, my neighbor works at Wheeler CAT in SLC and can hook us up with equipment rental at a discount.

Is this offer still good? Id like to take you up on it. I'm willing to pay for someone to haul the dirt to my place.

Cascadia

Undecided
How many loads are you needing? I have a lot that I need to get rid of about 200 loads. I know you don't need that much. But it's also all the way in Spanish fork so you may not be interested.

blznnp

There is a guy near me that will give you whatever you want in your truck for $20, its not good for top soil but should work for what you need, just a thought

blznnp

He has a crap load. Its a big lot that he drives around with a matching an scrapes the top surface then puts it through his screening machine. He mainly deals with dump trucks, but makes a little extra cash selling to anyone. Its $20 per load, so I got around 2-1/4 yards. Not sure what he would charge if you pulled up with a trailer. Not too many rocks, maybe a few little ones. I used it for fill in a flower bed but took it out since it didn't allow the water to drain much an get the roots watered. It did separate though when it got wet, so not sure how well it will work

sixstringsteve

I found a guy who can deliver 10 yards of fill dirt for $120. He's dropping off a load today, which means digging party tomorrow!

Anyone who wants to come is welcome to help. If the neighbors ask, we're just "landscaping", not building a bmx track. :)

If you've got nothing better to do tomorrow, bring a shovel and a wheelbarrow and I'll provide the brats & burgers. In a couple hours we should get the dirt moved from the driveway to the backyard.

sixstringsteve

That's a bit more than i want to spend. My friends know I'm cheap, but for some reason they still like me. Plus I'd have to take apart my vinyl fence to get a bobcat back there.

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

We did a ton of work on Saturday with not a whole lot to show for it. :D A HUGE thanks to Kyle for digging for over 8 hours, and thanks to Andrew for loaning a wheelbarrow.

We got a complete 180* berm, and 4 rollers. It's already super fun to ride. We'll be digging tonight and Tuesday night as well. Tonight we'll be adding a step-up. This is hands down the most fun pump track I've ever ridden before. I'll take some pics tonight.

sixstringsteve

is it rocky? The nice thing about our dirt is that we don't have to load it. I just pay a guy to bring it and dump it on my driveway.