Jeep Building the RockyMountainExtreme.com Jeep Wrangler

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Wait wait wait....you mean saving a few bucks by going with the cheaper wiring harness guy might not be the best way to go? :eek:

Really though, these kind of setbacks are frustrating. I feel bad for ya.

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
Wait wait wait....you mean saving a few bucks by going with the cheaper wiring harness guy might not be the best way to go? :eek:

Apparently. You should see the letter I sent them, it's seriously a page long with all the details. I wanted to make sure I had my bases covered. I called them after my harness arrived as well, to see if they had any problems or questions.

We'll see how it all works once its together.

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
On my headers I cut the flange off and got master muffler here to bend me a tube that I'm gonna weld on then weld the flange back on where it clears everything:D

Bart

Hmmm, sarcasm or empathy? :D You be the judge. :rofl:

Coco

Greg, you need to make a custom paint job for it! That says, 'Rocky Mountain Extreme' You can't build the Rockymountainextreme.com jeep, w/o the name on it!:greg:

Greg

Admin
Well, I got an email back from Wait 4 Me about the harness. They said all harnesses they have built for engines that are running the TH350's have had the VSS deleted w/o problems. They also said if they have to, they can add the VSS plug back into the harness in 5 minutes. Of course I'd have to pull the harness & ship it back. I'll run it for now & see if there any issues.

I just wish they kept me informed... is that too hard to ask?

Greg

Admin
How is that rear suspension/frame notch shaping up? I am curious to see completed pics.

The rear is sitting on the ground again! After pulling the axle back out for paint, I finally got it bolted back under the rig. Along with the axle, I was able to comp cut the rear & started bolting on the Blue Torch Fab comp corners. Once the sheetmetal was out of the way, I was able to bolt the 40's onto the rear axle... :cool:

The rear sits pretty high, GOAT was telling me this is a problem when TJ's are stretched. I'm going to get further along & see if I need to go to smaller springs down the road. I don't want it sitting nearly as high as it is. The tires have 45 PSI in them right now, so that doesn't help the total height but wouldn't effect the distance between the sheetmetal & tire. I'd be happy with 2-3" less... but I need to get other things in the back first & see where it sits. Fuel cell, gear, etc.

SANY0001+_Medium__002.JPG

SANY0002+_Medium__001.JPG

SANY0004+_Medium__002.JPG

SANY0007+_Medium_.JPG

The rear crossmember needs to be trimmed, I think I'll be able to keep the body mount in the stock location though. I have just over 1.5" from the crossmember to the tire as-is.

SANY0006+_Medium__002.JPG

How's that for departure angle?! :greg:

SANY0006+_Medium__003.JPG

Oh yeah... I got some half doors. :rolleyes: Yeah, they're RED. The price was right, so I'll have to paint them. I'm hoping to have it rolling tomorrow, with the engine/trans/t-case installed for the last time. I'll also work on building the beefy tie rod tomorrow.

Greg

Admin
I had some Bling-Bling parts come in recently too... I ordered some TRE inserts from Mike @ Summit Machine, to build my own tie rod. They're super-high quality parts, I'm very impressed with the stuff they're turning out. Also in my order was this amazing winch fairlead, it'll really set off the front of the TJ! Thanks Mike!!

SANY0003+_Medium__002.JPG

Next up is the fuel cell... this thing is a work of art! :cool: Ben at Alliance Metal Works in SLC custom-builds these fuel cells. It fits perfectly behind the rear seat, has approx. 15 gallons capacity, has built-in baffles, is built to drop in a TJ fuel pump & sending unit and has a quality filler cap & tank vent. The aluminum is quite thick, the mounting taps are built into the bottom piece of the tank, not welded on. This combined with the thicker material should prevent cracking that other mass-produced aluminum tanks suffer from. The tanks get pressure tested & come with a great guarantee. Nice work Ben!

SANY0007+_Medium__001.JPG

SANY0008+_Medium__001.JPG

SANY0009+_Medium__001.JPG

SANY0010+_Medium_.JPG

cannoncrawler

TWERNT THE MORMONS!!!!!!
nice.

do linked rears squat as much as leaf-sprung suspentions? i alway hate that about leafs. if so leaf it about an inch high, and it will settle with trail gear.

Greg

Admin
nice.

do linked rears squat as much as leaf-sprung suspentions? i alway hate that about leafs. if so leaf it about an inch high, and it will settle with trail gear.

Thanks!

IMO, I think leaf springs will settle more than coils, but coils are affected by weight more than leafs. I'm not sure if I can expect these to settle after a few trips out. I may pick up some coils w/ less lift just to play with.

Lifelong Jeeper

Well, this is such a cool post that you kept me captivated for more than 1.5 hours. Lots of good infor in here. That thing looks awesome!! Great job. Are you going to the U4WDA Fall run on Nov 3 in Price UT? I, and I'm sure others, would love to see it there.

Thanks for the fun read...I'm off to bed.