Can we talk dogs?

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Last Saturday we went on an epic sage grouse hunt. Goose (the new puppy) did great.

Later that night like 11pm she started to show signs she wasn't feeling well. I figured she had a stomach ache, she barfed, should be good.

I checked on her a couple of hours later and something was wrong, we ended up at the emergency vet clinic and after hours of trying they couldn't get any blood pressure increase. She died shortly after.

It sucks, she was cute, fun and had a good nose for birds. My kids were really loving her. She was either stung or bitten by something she was very allergic to. Freak deal We buried her in one of our favorite spots.

View attachment 164119View attachment 164121View attachment 164122View attachment 164120
No that sucks! RIP Goose, you were a good doggo.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
So tough to lose them. Sorry to hear

Our dumbass 'triever had a growth on his cheek that we had removed (he's 9 yrs old) and that reminded all of us that dogs are much shorter in time spent with us than people are. Losing a pup wouldn't be fun at all.

20230904_122958.jpg
He was not a fan of the cone of shame

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Last Saturday we went on an epic sage grouse hunt. Goose (the new puppy) did great.

Later that night like 11pm she started to show signs she wasn't feeling well. I figured she had a stomach ache, she barfed, should be good.

I checked on her a couple of hours later and something was wrong, we ended up at the emergency vet clinic and after hours of trying they couldn't get any blood pressure increase. She died shortly after.

It sucks, she was cute, fun and had a good nose for birds. My kids were really loving her. She was either stung or bitten by something she was very allergic to. Freak deal We buried her in one of our favorite spots.

View attachment 164119View attachment 164121View attachment 164122View attachment 164120
Awe man that’s rough. Sorry for your family’s loss.

Zombie

Random Dead Guy
I've got three annoying little dogs that I absolutely love. They are all between 10 and 14 years - two of them are rescues, so age is a guess.

I'm not looking forward to my version of these posts.

Coco

It was easier since we didn't have a ton of time with her, but I was surprisingly sad, being a heartless prick and all.

When my older one goes that will really suck.
Dogs have an unconditional love for their owner/families, it is hard not to love them, even if they are only with us for a short period of time. Its the worst to lose a furkid. I am sorry man. :(

ID Bronco

I seriously only watch his shows because I know how short he is and I crack up laughing with how much they have to do to hide the fact that he's like 4ft tall.
My understandin is he's a prick to everyone he works with and a few audio bites I heard during covid proved he's a jerk. With your perspective I think I can like watching his stuff again. haha

jeeper

DumpStor Owner
So our beagle/walker hound has lost a good bit of weight this summer. I don’t know how much exactly, but she’s gone from looking plump to looking skinny. Not unhealthy skinny, in fact, quite nice. But it’s typical fat beagle anymore.
She still eats EVERYTHING possible. Is very happy. All the energy of a pup when out camping. Sleeps at home all day (typical behavior). No signs of sickness like puking or diarrhea.
Only thing different in life this year is chickens at home, which means the dog has incorporated chicken poop into her snack choices.
The weight loss for an older (6 years) beagle is odd I think. Everything else normal.
Should I be concerned? Wife and kids think she must be sick.
I’d be happy to have her pass away 🤣