Complaints Department

jeep-man-dan

I don't follow the threads very often on RME but have worked with Kurt in the past and would like to share my two-bits.

Kurt and I have disagreed on issues before but what I respect most about Kurt is that he will discuss those disagreements in a professional matter.

I feel opposition is necessary and that people need to voice their opinions and views on topics otherwise we will all sit around and nothing will happen. Kurt was elected to the position he holds in the U4WDA because of his leadership style and for the fact the he is willing to stand where others may prefer to just sit and do nothing. It is impossible to call someone to leadership and ask them to set aside their personality, views, and opinions. Kurt was elected to his position obviously because people felt his views, opinions and personality are what the organization needed and if he were to set those aside he wouldn't be a true leader.

I say, if bob and others don't like what Kurt has to say then they should discuss it; that is when progress happens. If Kurt can't reply to Bob than Kurt can't consider changing whatever it is bob doesn't like.

Lastly, Kurt isn't the U4WDA he merely represents it. If a president bob didn't like was voted in as the leader of our nation would he renege his citizenship?

dmc1974

cruiseroutfit said:
I appreciate all the kind words and input! We are trying our best to improve the U4WDA and any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks again!

Kurt first of all, had I known you were the Pres I would have never supported the organization. A young punk like you running the show? Can't be good.

Okay really. I think I disagree with a few of the other replies. This is not about bob@bob.com. He is an idiot and probably doesn't wheel at all. As you well know I quite often speak my mind and actually enjoy pissing people off with my differing opinions. However, I am now in a position that I am no longer just representing my views. I'm speaking on behalf a group and I need to futher the group ideals and agenda as best I can. It's been very difficult me to curb my enthusiasm for certain issues and represent our club. I think you need to remember that the world is full of ignorant and stupid people that are more than ready to mis-construe what you say and apply it to the U4WDA instead of you as an individual. That's my cynical view of the world.

That is how I view external or public facing communication. I think internal communication requires absolute fidelity to your beliefs and ideals. You need to be YOU (and I need to be me) in discussion with officers and other members regarding the group's functions and direction. Trying to please everbody is the quickest way to become a follower instead of a leader. I trust your ability to act assertively and directly. Which is why I'm sure you're where you are. Don't ever let that go. Next thing you know you'll be old and soft.

like me.
dmc

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Ok, I admit it... It was me. Kurt, I hate you because you stood me up that one night and made me cry. *sniff*
Seriously though, Kurt you have done a great job, coming from someone the same age who once took on alot of resposibility in the community, and then got burned out you truely are an inspiration. Congrats and CLEAN OUT YOUR PM BOX!!!!!!