Constrictor Sign down??

Meat_

Banned
Yup, it was torn out. Although I couldn't find enough evidence to see how/why. My guess would be that someone tied to the top of it to winch out/over.

It is now safe and sound.

Low riders park here

12-15-08_1337.jpg

Sign

12-15-08_1339.jpg 12-15-08_1340.jpg

Sign is too heavy.... so low riders finish road and make 48 point turn

12-15-08_1404.jpg

Up outta the hole

12-15-08_1410.jpg 12-15-08_1415.jpg

Did I mention that the sign is heavy?

12-15-08_1419.jpg 12-15-08_1422.jpg

Still in good shape

12-15-08_1424.jpg

Meat_

Banned
Running boards bring the suck

12-15-08_1429.jpg 12-15-08_1432.jpg

Came back out to see what the dozer I heard while working had been screwing up.... err... I mean doing. They have been working the roads over out there for a while now, and I have to say that a monkey could operate a bull dozer better than this dumb ass. The road is rougher than it was, and there were cliffs on the way down.

12-15-08_1448.jpg 12-15-08_1449.jpg

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
Good job Meat!

...Looks like it's colder than fawk there, too. News told us to bring our dogs and etc inside tonight cuz they are expecting -10* overnight. It was 18* today for our high. We had about 2" of snow Turkey day and it's still here. What little bit melted, caused the roads to completely freeze over. Literally...The roads are a sheet of ice! Anyway...

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Who did, where? Anchorman is in San Fran!

Diego... San Diego. They're 2 very different places. ;)

Thanks for snagging the sign Meat, looks like it's in decent shape still. I do believe we shoved big rocks down the pipe when we planted it, then poured concrete down to fill in the gaps. I wouldn't doubt that it's over 200 lbs.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Good on ya Meat :cool:

Whats the story on the dozer? Are they doing work just on the road or the mine tailings? I know the tailings at Sunshine are on a DOGM hitlist, capping them as I recall. It would turn into another Manning Canyon (is that place back open yet??).

Meat_

Banned
They dozed Sunshine Road (proper) several weeks ago and planted some sort of drilling whatsits to the east of the upper tailings pile on a ridge. It was the same retarded operator. I didn't go up the road to see where he was headed today....

Last edited:

Meat_

Banned
And the last I checked Manning (prolly this March) it was not open, and there was no longer an "open date" on the sign. I personally have seen the "open date" change 3 times, 4 if you count going to no date.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
They dozed Sunshine Road (proper) a several weeks ago and planted some sort of drilling whatsits to the east of the upper tailings pile on a ridge. It was the same retarded operator. I didn't go up the road to see where he was headed today....

I saw the drilling operation there about a month ago when I was out there on my bike, I meant to get over there to check it out but one of the bikes I was with had a flat tire. I wonder what they are drilling? Prospect for a quarry? Lots of private property still out there. :confused::confused:

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
And the last I checked Manning (prolly this March) it was not open, and there was no longer an "open date" on the sign. I personally have seen the "open date" change 3 times, 4 if you count going to no date.

You mean it won't open in Spring of 2005 :rolleyes:

Meat_

Banned
I saw the drilling operation there about a month ago when I was out there on my bike, I meant to get over there to check it out but one of the bikes I was with had a flat tire. I wonder what they are drilling? Prospect for a quarry? Lots of private property still out there. :confused::confused:
I'm thinking so... with the price of AU being what it is. Bodine and I drove over to the drill weeeeeks ago, I was distracted by a voice mail that I kept listening to though... maybe Bodine noticed a name?

Bodine

One Call That's All
I didn't notice a name but it looks like the same type of core drilling operation they were doing in the 90s throughout that area when Barrick was finishing up on the Mercur side and drilling sample holes on the Sunshine side.