Constrictor Sign down??

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
I didn't notice a name but it looks like the same type of core drilling operation they were doing in the 90s throughout that area when Barrick was finishing up on the Mercur side and drilling sample holes on the Sunshine side.

Interesting. We'll have to see if we can't stop by and get an in with the mining company if it is in fact :cool:

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
...Looks like it's colder than fawk there, too. News told us to bring our dogs and etc inside tonight cuz they are expecting -10* overnight. It was 18* today for our high. We had about 2" of snow Turkey day and it's still here. What little bit melted, caused the roads to completely freeze over. Literally...The roads are a sheet of ice! Anyway...

HA! Growing up in AK, our news reporters used to show video of parts of WA being shut down do to 2" on snow fall. We all used to get a good laugh over that. Don't know why, but always seemed like WA was a rival of ours. :rofl:

DToy

They dozed Sunshine Road (proper) several weeks ago and planted some sort of drilling whatsits to the east of the upper tailings pile on a ridge. It was the same retarded operator. I didn't go up the road to see where he was headed today....

I was out there with a couple of friends over the weekend. They had taken a trackhoe up the road (Sunshine Road?) that you come out on after finishing Constrictor. Talk about a retarded operator! The guy was digging up holes all over along the sides of the road and dumping the dirt on the road. He was making the road so rough that the jeeps had a hard time getting through. Digging up trees and whatever else he could find. We seriously thought someone had stolen the trackhoe and was screwing around on it. We ran into the operator on his way up and talked to him for a minute - he said that they were going to be drilling water wells up there and that he had a cat coming up on Monday (yesterday). All of the land out there can't be private - why the hell isn't the BLM watching what these guys are destroying? They were making damage done by irresponsible ATV users look like nothing.

jgb

.....They were making damage done by irresponsible ATV users look like nothing.

I have been waiting three days for that acronym to pop up in this thread.

Going by the descriptions of the sign and its placement method in the ground with cement, I highly doubt an ATV ripped that sign out of the ground.

It looks to me this particular case is irresposible "full sized" 4x4's. And some others in this thread have even hinted at that, that it could have been used as an anchor point to winch a "sided" vehicle. An atv rider would just up end his atv with his legs, back, and arms.....

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin

Going by the descriptions of the sign and its placement method in the ground with cement, I highly doubt an ATV ripped that sign out of the ground.

It looks to me this particular case is irresposible "full sized" 4x4's. And some others in this thread have even hinted at that, that it could have been used as an anchor point to winch a "sided" vehicle. An atv rider would just up end his atv with his legs, back, and arms.....

DToy wasn't saying an ATV ripped out the sign at all, he was talking about the damage the Trackhoe did to the road.

Good job waiting 3 days to jump in and bring the drama... :rolleyes:

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
This just sux. Thanks Meat, Let me know when the replanting is going to happen and I'll try to attend.

I think we ought to wait until Spring. When we planted the sign 5 yrs ago we did it mid-winter... it wasn't easy with the rocks and frozen ground. :rofl:

wagonmaster

ONE TON 'O WAGON
Wtf?

I can't see anywhere that anyone thinks someone on a ATV pulled over the sign! What are you talking about? Everyone knows something big pulled on it. The reference to ATV's is in regard to society's classification of ANY land damage must be associated to drunk, belligerant, disrespectful, polluting, fossil fuel wasters polluting our enviroment until we are all extinct. At least that is what they say. In this instance the comment is we are not causing the damage. Someone who wants to drill a well is someone who wants to obviously populate the area for the greater good so they can shut off all access to the land because of dust or some other rediculous claim!

Coco

They were cemented in, a decent amount too as I recall. You can read more about the project here: http://www.cruiseroutfitters.com/landuse_rscon.html

The probably needed to be a little bit deeper and a bit more cement but we were digging in snow as it was and we didn't intend them to be winch proof :-\

Oh ok. Thanks cruiser! What is this about Coyote canyon?? What is going on with it? I am WAY outta the loop:hickey:

***EDIT***looked it up, and found it.... :mad:

Last edited:

DToy

Dude, I was comparing what the guys that are up there with excavation equipment are doing to what you see out there where ATV's have gone off the trails/roads. Where did I say that I thought that it was ATV's that ripped the sign out? I'm an avid ATV rider as well as a four wheeler. My whole point (which you obviously missed) was that someone i.e. BLM ought to be keeping an eye on the excavators that are out there tearing sh!t up.

Anyone know who we would contact for a little oversight on the excavators that are tearing things up out there? I have pictures of the damage at home on my camera. I'll post them up. Sorry, didn't mean to totally throw the thread off the rails.

Last edited:

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
...Anyone know who we would contact for a little oversight on the excavators that are tearing things up out there? I have pictures of the damage at home on my camera. I'll post them up. Sorry, didn't mean to totally throw the thread off the rails.

Is the damage happening on public lands or private? Even if its on public property a private land owner has same amount of permission to improve egress to their property. I haven't seen the damage first hand but I only assume its prudent given the overall condition in the area. I was out in the area last night but ended up being too late to stop by so I would appreciate some pics.

DToy

Is the damage happening on public lands or private? Even if its on public property a private land owner has same amount of permission to improve egress to their property. I haven't seen the damage first hand but I only assume its prudent given the overall condition in the area. I was out in the area last night but ended up being too late to stop by so I would appreciate some pics.

Here's some pics. They don't really do it justice though. I can see fixing the road, but why you have to randomly dig holes all along the sides of the road to do so is beyond me. They also dug up several trees along the side of the road - I don't understand what the point of that was. Honestly I thought that the trackhoe had been stolen - it looked like a couple of teenagers had gone for a joyride and decided to randomly dig up the countryside along the way. I don't know whether it was all on public or private land, but either way I was pissed at what I saw.

Attachments

• DSC05970.jpg
    DSC05970.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 53
  • DSC05972.jpg
    DSC05972.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 53
  • DSC05973.jpg
    DSC05973.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 44
  • DSC05976.jpg
    DSC05976.jpg