Constrictor Sign down??

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Way to go mike :)

When you "clean up" the sign, I would like to vote for a shiney new Powder coating rather than a paint job. Lasts much longer and more durable... and we should make it bright RED or maybe YELLOW :) Something that will stand out and be SEEN this time. When powder coated they will sand blast it first, so I think the only work to get it ready would be to knock off the cement first.
I would like to help out if I can too, soon as we figure out a date.

The current paint looks pretty good after all these years. The plan was to re-paint them every couple of years but they really haven't needed it. The original colors were chosen to be somewhat environmentally sensitive, nothing too awkward and comply with BLM signage in the area. Placement will likely be reconsidered.

If someone wants to make some calls on the powder-coating I can get the thing around, but it is still going to need hand painting on all the lettering, My plan was to clean it up, bomb it all white and then roll some thick brown paint back over (letters are recessed).

Crinco

My neighbor does metal working and tons of Powder coating, I will check with him for who he recommends and see what the rate would be. I am not too sure about two toning it though, I think it would have to be painted to remain that way.

How about putting it right in the middle of the bypass?

I think you are going to need to put it in real deep if your going to do that. You are just giving someone a reason to pull it back out....

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Sure. Bodine has a lift for his truck so he's going to come down we'll load it up and bring it to you.

Nice, whats that think weigh do you figure? I can't remember how we got them out there last go around but I think it was in the bed of my old truck?

Coreshot

Resident Thread Killer
Nice, whats that think weigh do you figure? I can't remember how we got them out there last go around but I think it was in the bed of my old truck?

The signs were taken out there on my trailer, then to the site in the back of my toy with the hay and concrete.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I also had a couple bales of hay, a shovel, a couple 5 gallon buckets of full water for the concrete and a empty bucket for mixing the concrete on site. Brought them out to each sign site in my black Dodge.

Skyetone was supposed to bring the water, but he called me and bailed out on the project that morning because it 'was too cold'. Pathetic... :rolleyes: -_-

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
That was the day when (I don't recall his name) flopped his newer 'cruiser next to the RS sign:rofl:

That's right! The FZJ... who was that? I remember that a bunch of us stayed to get it started, trying to pull the plugs in 5* weather. I think it took an hour before it was running again.

Meat_

Banned
Diego... San Diego. They're 2 very different places. ;)

Thanks for snagging the sign Meat, looks like it's in decent shape still. I do believe we shoved big rocks down the pipe when we planted it, then poured concrete down to fill in the gaps. I wouldn't doubt that it's over 200 lbs.

It was about time that I do something useful.

WELL

It was about all I could do to squat the cement end.... and I can pick up and walk with 200lbs

I guessed around 350lbs....

Bodine knocked off about 10lbs of cement before we weighed it, it weighed in at 440lbs.