Constrictor Sign down??

Kevin B.

Big hippy
Do we have a post? I just tore a couple ~4 inch metal posts out of my back yard, I'll make one available if we need. Would need a jackhammer or something to knock the concrete off the base though.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Maybe Armor Coatings would want to help out?

It would be best to powder coat it, but that has more fees behind it. They could donate...

Powder will still require hand painting as the lettering is backset on the sign. I think some quick prep and paint would mine enough?

- - - Updated - - -

Do we have a post? I just tore a couple ~4 inch metal posts out of my back yard, I'll make one available if we need. Would need a jackhammer or something to knock the concrete off the base though.

Yes, the original post is still welded to the sign backer

RogueJeepr

Here!
Flashback!!!

The sign has been found and in my possession. Marshall @ Utah Powder Coating got the sign pulled apart and blasted but from there the trail went cold. Really cold. Marshall moved onto bigger/better things and nobody knew what had happened to the sign, until last week. John Gottfredson found it in their storage unit and dropped it by my place :cool:

So, I have the sign and the post. The sign has been blasted but has a little flash rust. We need to get it painted up, welded back together and then re-installed (original RME sign install here). I'd love to see this happen as a formal National Public Lands Day event but I can't personally there as I'll be with ExpUt in AFC on our newly adopted trail. So, I can either help facilitate the rebuild and get it onto someone here on RME for the re-install OR we do it earlier, perhaps as soon as next month as a formal RME spring-fling activity? Perhaps as part of the Spring 2016 QTD?

Thoughts?

Maybe if others wanted to camp Saturday night as well , we could run to RS Sunday morning and reinstall it.
My roofrack will have room.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I would like to be involved on the re-planting! Since I was there for the first planting.

Doing it for NPLD would be nice, but that's a ways off.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
The sign is already sand blasted. We need to clean it up, weld it back the post/backing plate and then paint the lettering and complete pole.

:thumbs: Excellent!

Who's interested in working on cleaning the sign up, then welding it back together and working on the paint & lettering?

I know Kurt is a busy guy, anyone willing to step up and get this done?

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
I'm happy to do the welding on it, and if we don't want anything more exotic than rattle-can paint, I can handle that too. What clean up is needed if it's already blasted?

RogueJeepr

Here!
Gonna need some etching primer if it gets rattlecanned.
I have some time during the middle of the week to help.
What's needed to remount it at the trail.?

spaggyroe

Man Flu Survivor
I'm happy to do the welding on it, and if we don't want anything more exotic than rattle-can paint, I can handle that too. What clean up is needed if it's already blasted?

I'm happy to serve as a backup on the welding / painting.

Thanks guys!

RogueJeepr

Here!
Well. If nobody else wants to pick it up. I will.
Shoot me a pm. Maybe we can meet somewhere in the middle.

I think if we all chip in one thing, a can of paint, one primer, a bag of concrete we can make this happen quickly.