Couples Hobbies?

• Thread starter Deleted member 12904
  • Start date

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
.....Going to Costco for samples.

This really seems to be a thing? I HATE going to Costco when they have samplers out. It's REALLY difficult to get around the store due to the hoards huddling around having a free meal on Costco and ultimately me when I purchase the sample items. As long as they allow it, I guess that's cool but I don't take a bite of anything when I'm there. Just want to get in and get out ;) Have other things to do

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

I had a friend at work that was so cheap that he'd plan his lunches around going to Costco and eating samples 'till he was full. I don't know why it bugged me so much.

I could see it being a fun date though, just to see what's there. Sometimes we go to Ikea for a date, just to get ideas for how we'd organize our stuff.

D

Deleted member 12904

I could see it being a fun date though, just to see what's there. Sometimes we go to Ikea for a date, just to get ideas for how we'd organize our stuff.

We actually did this a few weeks ago it was pretty fun. I only thought about dirt bikes and the nice weather a few times while we where walking through the store haha so not bad.

rholbrook

I asked my wife this morning what hobbies we have in common, she quickly said,"NOTHING". This coming from a women that I started chasing when I was 15 and now I am 50. Thats a long time to have nothing in common.

We spend a ton of time together, but she is the type of women that if I ask her to go camping, she is in for a day or two unless she can get a shower. If I ask her if she wants to go riding, shes in, come to watch us race, shes in, back packing, shes in. She will do anything me and the kids want to do. She is pretty easy going. Once the kids are all gone then we will probably start finding things to do with each other only.

I was told once that there are three stages of sex in a marriage. First, takes place in the first year of marriage and its called Every And Anywhere Sex. It takes place every and anywhere. Second is Bedroom Sex. It goes from year 2 to year 10 and it takes place only in the bedroom. The last is Hallway Sex. It takes place in the hallway as you pass each other and as you do, you say, "Screw You", as you go by. I hope I never get to stage three like so many others.

There is nothing we enjoy more than being with our family, especially now that I have a grandson. When we go on vacation, we take everyone because we love being together as a whole family. She keeps telling me that when we are older and alone, I will have to take ballroom dancing lessons with her. I told her to find a gay boyfriend. She told me there are lots of straight men that would take their wife ballroom dancing. I asked her to name two. She could only come up with one name and I question his manliness.

I think there are stages in a marriage that require different amounts and types of "together time". When my daughter was younger, we spent a lot of time at cheer and dance competitions. My wife and daughter went on their trips that included shopping time somewhere. My boys and I would hit Moab or some other fun place without the girls but then we would get back and do things as a whole family. In the next few years our lives are going to go through a big change. All my kids will be gone and my wife and I will need to start traveling, biking, driving, and all those other things that end in ing together. Working from home gives me all kinds of time to spend with my wife. I doubt there are many out there that spend more time with their wife than I do. We go to lunch nearly every single day. I drive her here and there every day. She will always ask me to drive her somewhere and I drive her.

I guess what I am saying is, everyone is different, every relationship is different. What keeps one couple together and happy is not the same for everyone. I'm old fashioned I guess. I committed to my wife and marriage for life and beyond. The grass in most cases is not greener on the other side. Its only a different shade of green. It doesn't matter how smoking hot some other women is, somewhere, someone is tired of her shit too. You sacrifice and you make it work, even if (gulp), you have to take some ballroom dance lessons. Besides that, my junk would look good in tights, just saying.

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
Ya'll are lucky, my wife is into all the same things as I am.

One Jeep quickly turned into two.

One Harley follewed weeks later by her own Harley.

When I mentioned a RZR to her, yup. Had to buy two.

I really wish she would take up needle point or something.

phatfoto

Giver of bad advice
Interesting that you all share so much...

Wife and I met 33 years ago and we were all over each other for the first 5 years, she married me 18 months into my Navy career and followed me through the rest of my Navy career. Put up with my shenanigans through 3 deployments, then dropped 2 kids. Five years on shore duty, but 3 of that I was in a travel status... Then I went to 4 years on a carrier and she put up with 2 more deployments. And lots of time from home... After I retired, I got laid off twice, she had issues, but that is the nature of the contractor world. My third contractor job moved me to Utah, and sadly, she developed medical issues.

Had some good times and bad times, she is now disabled, and nearly died more than a few times. But, she is doing much better again. And, we are trying to figure out how to be sociable again... And, what we can still share. Baby steps, and hoping there are no steps backwards again...

ID Bronco

Ya'll are lucky, my wife is into all the same things as I am.

One Jeep quickly turned into two.

One Harley follewed weeks later by her own Harley.

When I mentioned a RZR to her, yup. Had to buy two.

I really wish she would take up needle point or something.

As a guy with young and older kids I struggle with this. A part of me wants her to come along and be more involved in the same activities (that goes no where fast) but part of me is glad she seems happy to be home or doing something else with the younger kids. It makes trips hunting or fishing easier.

Houndoc

At our current life stage, following the kids high school sports in our biggest way of spending time together, but for good or bad we only have a couple more years there. And I guess it overlaps a 'shared' hobby when we have to debate who gets the camera at the games.

Horses provide one of our family activities, although like a lot of the comments here is more my thing than hers.

While it is not something we can afford to do regularly, we have increased our travel together. Some has been her being able to come with me to conferences since the kids are able to be home alone now. Not always exotic places (in February we went to Columbus, Ohio), but still good to spend the time together. And we are saving up for the 'big' trip in the next couple years (she really want to go to Morocco.)

Our biggest thing to help our relationship is time together regularly- even if is very simple things like walking the dogs nightly and weekly dates (tend to rotate between Casa del Rey, American Burgers and Canton City- the "Big Three" of Grantsville dining!)

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
My wife is the reason I found RME. She had to have a Jeep and down the rabbit hole I went. Luckily she loves jeeping, hiking and camping. Last year she started to mountain bike with me and it was some of the most fun I have had. She isn't too into two wheeled motorsports which is my obsession but we try and make time for both away and together time.

Funny Steve mentioned IKEA as a date. We don't do "date night" very often but we budget and grocery shop together every week. It seems stupid, but we leave all the kids at home and usually grab lunch between stores. We joke around, make stupid faces and just act foolish mostly but it is OUR time and we have fun just enjoying each others company. The point is that sometimes with two jobs and schedules that don't align you have to make time with each other while doing things that have to get done.

RogueJeepr

Here!
My woman likes to do the Wood Connection thing. So she found this. I got to paint the truck and she did the trailer.
54f2d007ceb318d7630a9e8abb729009.jpg

Sent from my Z740 using Tapatalk

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
My wife is also a follower. She will do whatever I want to do. Most of the time outwardly happy about it. I knew the jeep thing was getting old on her though, and jeeping was all I cared about for a long time. We got rid of the jeep. We picked up a tow boat last summer and it was amazing for us. Now, instead of me driving and everyone else just bouncing along for a "scary" ride, we all take turns driving the boat, and playing behind it. Seems like everyone is always doing something on the boat, not just going for a ride. My two younger children don't do much behind the boat yet, but I think they will come around. There is also plenty of room for friends and family to come along. That helps as well.
I guess don't be afraid to try something else, at least until you find something that works.