Dirt Muscle Car

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin

Greg

Admin
Don't you hate it when you go out in the shop to work on one thing and end up doing something entirely different? I wasn't planning to work on the Pontiac today.

I hauled some tube home yesterday and decided to build the roof rack, light bar and push bumper on the front. :grimacing:X-D Got the tube bender out and the welder and started putting pieces together.

Everything is built to be big and overstated... this thing is all about standing out from the crowd. 😝

20220226_144724-X2.jpg

20220226_144927-X2.jpg

20220226_152021-X2.jpg

20220226_174337-X2.jpg

20220226_174401-X2.jpg

20220226_182340-X2.jpg

Vonski

nothing to see here...
Don't you hate it when you go out in the shop to work on one thing and end up doing something entirely different? I wasn't planning to work on the Pontiac today.

I hauled some tube home yesterday and decided to build the roof rack, light bar and push bumper on the front. :grimacing:X-D Got the tube bender out and the welder and started putting pieces together.

Everything is built to be big and overstated... this thing is all about standing out from the crowd. 😝
Not trying to put more on your plate, but a 12v linear actuator would be pretty sweet for on-the-fly angle changes of your lighting. 🤘

1969honda

Supporting Member
^^^I totally support this idea... maybe have one of those really smart engineer types in here design an active circuit to have it track the road during dune runs like the bmw active headlights...

Greg

Admin
I'm planning on having a shit-ton of lighting, I don't think I'll need to make the lights steer with the car... there will be 10 offroad lights, plus the 4 headlights, which will probably be LED's.

It'll look like a damn UFO coming down the road... Close Encounters of the Bonneville Kind.

Greg

Admin
I was thinking about this from the beginning, but when @Vonski mentioned the idea of two spares mounted upright in the trunk, I knew it had to happen.

I have a couple extra 33" tires out back, so I pulled the trunk lid and set the spares up on the sides of the trunk.... and I think it's perfect!! 😍 I'll probably just run without a trunk lid, I think it'll look badass!

I should have enough room to run a massive fuel cell (ditching the stock gas tank) in between the tires. I'm thinking 35+ gallons for the fuel cell. The 33's fit with a ton of room to spare, 35's should fit easy. I'll probably build some kind of rack for the fuel cell, spare tire mounts, etc.

20220227_161907-X2.jpg

Also dug into the glove box and found some quality surprises.... I think I'll try redeem the coupon for my free pack of Genco smokes!

20220227_160837-X2.jpg