• no, ghosts are fake

Votes: 22 20.8%
  • your crazy go get help

Votes: 21 19.8%

• Total voters

krany

kranberry
Do you believe in ghosts?

Its time to get something off my chest, does anyone know if AF canyon is haunted? I have always heard stories about it being and it not being haunted. Why I ask is i got into a conversation with one of my wheeling buddies about our last trip to American fork canyon and man did it not bring back some pleasant memories....we were coming off the road from Tibble Fork onto the main AF canyon road, we sat at the intersection for a second and out of the corner of my eye i saw 2 people one that looked pretty tall and one that was shorter and there were jogging and then they stopped, and looked at us, one moved its arm so i flashed my brights at it( they were a dark dark gray, just recognizable enough to tell that they are humans or look like humans) the second i turned my brights on and they disappeared, my buddy took his massive flashlight and lit up and searched the area and saw nothing other than trees and bushes, at that point i was foot to the floor trying to get out of the canyon. to this day i still get massive goose bumps thinking about it. i found this website and it makes me believe what i saw even more.....now i believe ghosts are true.:eek:

http://hauntednorthamerica.webs.com/utah.htm

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
No I don't believe but yes AF Canyon is haunted :D

Do I believe? I don't want to... I've seen some crazy stuff in my travels, not just in AFC but in the middle of nowhere in general. I'm a scientist at heart so my mind demands an explanation for all, usually I resort to an excuse like "the military".

As for AFC in general, the canyon has claimed many lives over the years, deaths in mines, suicides, overdoses, accidents, avalanches and I believe there is still an outstanding missing person. The area was inhabited by Native Americans long before white settlers swarmed to the canyon in search of food, water, timber and metals... we know about a few dozen graves, how many don't we know about?

OrvisKrawler

Captain Obvious
thats crazy, Ive only been up there a few times and havent had any experiences like that, I think it would be cool though, Ive always wanted to see something like that...

krany

kranberry
yea i did know that there's been tons of deaths up the canyon,didn't know there were native Americans up there either. i have had weird thing happen in the middle of know where too. like Ive had knocks on my windows before when iam the only one in the area. iam not sure if i believe fully but i do believe there are some really creepy/ mysterious/ paranormal things that go on..

i think i could pass on another experiance like this....even to this day it gives me the heeby jeebys not knowhing what it was or could be....

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I'm like Kurt. Most likely an explanation for my experiences but man I can't figure it out. Had some creepy stuff happen when we lived in Park City. I think it's all posted in an older thread here on RME.

I've also seen my fair share of weird crap in the sky... :ugh:

Bear T

Tacoma free since '93
Having grown up in Pleasant Grove, and spending a lot of time up AFC. I have heard dozens and dozens of "ghost" stories. I've had a few experiences myself that I truly can't explain. Besides ghost, don't forget about Bigfoot.

I've always believed, and I honestly get goosebumps when I'm in the canyon after dark. I don't let it stop me, but I don't wander away from a vehicle or from camp.

You ever get chased by the Herce coming out of the canyon?

krany

kranberry
Having grown up in Pleasant Grove, and spending a lot of time up AFC. I have heard dozens and dozens of "ghost" stories. I've had a few experiences myself that I truly can't explain. Besides ghost, don't forget about Bigfoot.

I've always believed, and I honestly get goosebumps when I'm in the canyon after dark. I don't let it stop me, but I don't wander away from a vehicle or from camp.

You ever get chased by the Herce coming out of the canyon?
no but i have herd of the herce tho!!!! if you do some circles or something like that in tibble fork parking lot or something a herce follows you with red lights or something, herd about it didn't know if tis true or not.

Bear T

Tacoma free since '93
You have to hit the right spot in the canyon with your lights off at the right speed, then when you see the red lights behind you, you turn on your lights, then there is a little girl that runs out in the road in front of you. Kind of creepy.

Bear T

Tacoma free since '93
crazy, has this happened to you?

I never saw a little girl, I think it was just a small animal or something, and no, I didn't see a herce.

Being a young High school kid in the area, we always went up chasing "ghost" or trying to prove the myths.

I have experienced a lot of weird things up there, enough to make me nervous, but nothing with enough detail to speak of.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
I think that most people feel the need to explain the unexplained. So a convenient way is to believe that you saw a ghost/alien/ect. Shadows, wind, plants, animals, pipes banging. Your brain can't process something because your sense don't fully recognize it, so it jumps to a conclusion.

That being said, I've been some places that just don't feel right. I've never seen something, but I've gotten that chill down your spine that says, "Maybe you should just keep walking."

Thursty

You beat me to it Bear, I was also going to bring up "The Hearse" story. Whenever I drive down the canyon at night I always check for red lights following me. :D

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Ghosts?! :rofl:..... Okay seriously tough I know what you mean :eek:

Over the years I have seen a handful of things that have wierded me out beyond explanation but only one place keeps coming to mind every time this subject comes up. There is a canyon here in Cache Valley and it is definitely haunted. It gives me the creeps as well as everyone else I know. I don't know what happened there a long time ago but whatever it was it was really really bad :ugh: