Votes: 63 59.4%
  • no, ghosts are fake

Votes: 22 20.8%
  • your crazy go get help

Votes: 21 19.8%

• Total voters

OrvisKrawler

Captain Obvious
sounds like green canyon in logan that is listed in the last link you posted krany, its description on there sounds almost like what rot box said

Coco

One of my uncles commited suicide up AF canyon a couple years ago. I didnt really know him, but supposively he had been really depressed, and left a note with an idea of where he would be, and said come get me. This is just what i have been told by my family. I dont know all the details, nor did I go up there.

However, I am a firm believer in ghosts. I have had a couple experiences that have just creeped me out to no end....

AF Canyon does give me the willys when I am up there at night.

oh and the movie Paranormal Activity....real or not, it scared me to no end. but that is a different type of ghost...

01XJ

Im not even going to get in to the things that have happened and or seen up AF to me or i wont sleep a wink! You will never catch me any higher than the bridge just past tibble fork after dark! My dad is one who does not believe in things like this and thinks there is an explanation to everything but about 8ys ago we were camping as a family up by the rock garden and i wont go in to detail tonight but something happened and we saw something and to this day my dad hates to talk about it and changes the subject when we bring it up! If you want a great HAUNTED place go to the capitol theater in SLC. My dad worked for SLC Sheriff for a few yrs and they are the ones who do the security for this joint and a few times he had to work there. And i can tell you some stories that will make your jaw hit the floor that happened to him while he was there:ugh::eek::eek:

pELYgroso

'Merica
I've heard some pretty crazy stories about some Alpine locals up in the hills around Lone peak/Horse tail falls finding a kill (a deer I think) ripped up, and then getting reeeeaaally bad feelings like they really need to get out of there while smelling a really foul (not dead) animal smell that smelled like a wet dog/human B.O......I get the chills just thinking about when the old guy told me the story! He's been around the area for a long time and firmly believes that bigfoot, or whatever you want to call it is up there.

pELYgroso

'Merica
Im not even going to get in to the things that have happened and or seen up AF to me or i wont sleep a wink! You will never catch me any higher than the bridge just past tibble fork after dark! My dad is one who does not believe in things like this and thinks there is an explanation to everything but about 8ys ago we were camping as a family up by the rock garden and i wont go in to detail tonight but something happened and we saw something and to this day my dad hates to talk about it and changes the subject when we bring it up! If you want a great HAUNTED place go to the capitol theater in SLC. My dad worked for SLC Sheriff for a few yrs and they are the ones who do the security for this joint and a few times he had to work there. And i can tell you some stories that will make your jaw hit the floor that happened to him while he was there:ugh::eek::eek:
so.....when you're not getting ready to go to sleep, give us some details!

Zombie

Random Dead Guy
I spent way too much time working in a haunted bar, and I've had too many random experiences in the world to not believe in this stuff... I've seen too much... stories that still freak me out to recall in any detail. I'd love to participate in some investigations again... that stuff can be pretty cool.

OrvisKrawler

Captain Obvious
no kidding I want to hear some stories as well!
I used to think my old shop was haunted, I would be there working on my truck late at night with all the doors shut and you would hear a car pull up outside the door, well when I went to look there would be nothing there and no cars around, that happened all the time there, same shop again late at night I would be sitting in the office with the door to the shop open and I would hear people talking, not loud just loud enough to hear it, well obviously no one inside, so I would go outside and look around and no one anywhere, thats about all thats happened to me, never have seen any ghosts or anything...

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
I've had several experiences, one of the most memorable being in a cabin up at Brighton. Power went out to 90% of the cabin, snowed in for a few days, closed all the upstairs doors cause they were creepy to see form the main floor (open second level floor plan), night time brought footsteps upstairs, up and down the stairs and doors creaking open and shut. Morning came, and all the doors were wide open... Not mention my buddy's Yorkie barking and growling at the darkness all night long. Absolutely terrifying for two 15 y/o kids by themselves...

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Ghosts?! :rofl:..... Okay seriously tough I know what you mean :eek:

Over the years I have seen a handful of things that have wierded me out beyond explanation but only one place keeps coming to mind every time this subject comes up. There is a canyon here in Cache Valley and it is definitely haunted. It gives me the creeps as well as everyone else I know. I don't know what happened there a long time ago but whatever it was it was really really bad :ugh:

Spill it. I'm curious what you'll mention

Zombie

Random Dead Guy
Is any one gonna sack up and tell us some stories or what?

I've seen Indians on horseback up the canyon from Vernon reservoir... they ride right through the barb wire fences like they aren't there... I guess the horses technically aren't but you know...
My grandpa claimed to have seen a ghost stampede one night out there. I've seen people in caves that I've been exploring... actually pood myself one time because of that. (yes I just admitted that on a forum)

The bar was interesting... we had all kinds of happy stuff happening there. Back in the early days of the club, there was a "dead room" in the basement... it's where the mink were slaughtered when the building was a furrier. The concrete on the floor was stained brownish red, as well as part way up the walls. That was an interesting room to be in... We would heard music and dancing from the upstairs dance floor area well after close, and no one would be up there... Footsteps, names whispered in ears during final walkthrough... I could go on and on with the experiences there... Some of the ghosts weren't shy... several of us say a few of them on numerous occasions.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
My wife had a frightening paranormal experience in our first apartment in Murray. I had left the apt around 6:35am to be to a 7am meeting at work. Just minutes after I had left my wife heard slow footsteps in the bedroom, and assumed that I had come back in because I forgot something - happens frequently.. She didn't think much of it until she felt what she thought was me grab her foot at the end of the bed. She looked down about to yell at me, but instead saw a large dark shadow in the shape of a person. It then disappeared into darker shadows in the corner of the room.. She said that she was so terrified that she just laid under the covers until the sun came up.

In that same apartment we would hear large cracks and bangs inside one of the walls.. It sounded as though someone were on the outside hitting the wall with a sledge hammer as hard as they could, and other times it sounded like a pallet of metal slabs being dropped on teh roof just above us... Late one night I went outside to see if there were branches that were hitting the building, nothing. There was nothing there that could hit the side of the wall on teh 2nd floor. It would wake us up at night, something just pounding against the outside wall.. I hated that apartment because of it.

Last edited:

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
attachment.php

Polaroid I scanned of the ghost of Shadow Ridge Hotel in Park City. :eek:
Zoomed in on the left.

To be fair, I didn't take the photo. Amy knew the person that had it and we got a copy for whatever reason. Gave me chills when I first looked at it but honestly I don't have any kind of proof whether or not it's completely legit. Still freaky.

Last edited:

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Last edited:

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I'm seriously a skeptic about this stuff but there's no doubt strange things out there.

That's about my take as well.

I've been in a couple of places--an abandoned house in Vernal where some suicide had occurred (or so I was told) being the most memorable--where I was just overcome with a sense of "get the **** out of here right now!".

01XJ

so.....when you're not getting ready to go to sleep, give us some details!
Ok, i will start with the AF experience with the family. We were camping with my Mom and Dad and my moms sister and her husband and we were camped up by mineral Basin. There is a spot that you used to be able to camp under the pine trees off to the left at the fork of the road where you can either go to mineral basin or up and over to midway etc. We were camped under said pine trees and we parked the cars several feet from camp and just behind the cars was a dry wash that was made from the runoff and it had just a trickle of water in it. Well We were sitting around the fire when i looked over to see a guy walking down this stream towards the cars so i said look at that guy! They all looked over and saw him as well. He was wearing a blue jacket and darker bottoms,as he got closer to the cars we yelled "Hey what are you doing?" and he just looked over at us and kept walking till he got right next to the car like he was looking inside. We yelled again to get away from the cars and get the hell out of here in which he just looked at us like screw you. So we jump up go over there and as we start to walk towards him he backs up. We get about 20ft from him when all of the sudden he turns to the left and at abnormal human speed takes off and goes 5-6ft and runs right in to the passenger front tire of one of the cars where he just pretty much blended right in to the car and disappeared in to thin air! The 3 of us (men) look at each other and proceed to say WTF!!!!!!!! so thinking we saw this all wrong and he went around the front of the car i went around to see if i could see him on the other side while my dad and uncle go the other way and low and behold he is gone!!! he disappeared right in to the car and was gone! (cars were parked one behind the other and this was taking place at the back car) It was the freakiest thing any of us have ever seen! To this day my dad always wants to deny what he seen but he knows it happened. we looked for 30 min of any possible place for this person to run and there wasn't. It had to have been a ghost plus humans cant move like this thing did!:eek: There has been many other experiences happen to us up AF that keeps me out of there after dark!:sick: